Best thing you've bought for your caravan?

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I think I am addicted to buying 'stuff' for our caravan, awnings, chairs, tables, sattelite dish etc etc What has been your best purchase for your 'van?

Sophie

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Best thing without a shadow of doubt is our Powrtouch Motor Mover. Now I don't have to reverse onto pitches which was, no doubt, very entertaining for fellow caravanners but highly embarrassing for me! I do all the towing without any nerves at all but reversing with the van on sends me into a cold sweat! It was actually a necessity to allow us to get the van into it's storage spot at Rob's parent's bungalow but it is worth every single penny.

Claire

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
the best new thing for my van ,and my stress levels was to block pave the grass along side my drive , so i can now get the van along side the garage out of the way , plus i got room for 9 cars to park off road , very handy when i get visitors ,and no more worries with van jockey wheel sinking in the mud

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sophie

Likewise the Powrtouch mover . No way could we man handle the Wyoming without it.

The other thing was the satellite dish for the sky box, saddos, yes, as Aston Vill fans my beloved would go mad if she missed a match!

Cheers

Alan

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sophie

Likewise the Powrtouch mover . No way could we man handle the Wyoming without it.

The other thing was the satellite dish for the sky box, saddos, yes, as Aston Vill fans my beloved would go mad if she missed a match!

Cheers

Alan
Alan , with you on the Sat dish to watch the mighty Villa. he other half has drawn a line at me traveling back from Devon for the 2nd leg!!!!

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Without a shadow of doubt the best thing I bought was the wedding ring for my wife . I mean who else would tell me what I am doing wrong whilst towing , did you see that car ? , you didn't look right !, who are you sticking those two fingers up at ? . But best of all when on site , that vans not level , have you fetched the water yet ? , are you going to be in that loo all day ? . Bless her , I would not be without her ( unless I could get a good trade in ) the three rings of life , 1 engagement ring , 2 wedding ring , and 3

-

--

---

suffering . Steve .

pog

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Without a doubt having air-con fitted was the best decision we ever made.

I was on the fence but my partner insisted and OMG thankfully we did.

That glaggy damp day feeling on rainy days - GONE!

Hot caravan mornings when you wake up stuffy - GONE!

Burnt toast - GONE!

Condensation - GONE!

I know the purists out there will mock me for 'going against the whole ethos of camping' but respectfully I really do not care. I LOVE MY AIR-CON!

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sophie

I had a long hard think about this one and reolised it has to be the sat-nav. The investment was some 26 years ago. It has never failed me.

This one is even programed to laugh at me if I take a wrong turning as i did once when i accidently turned into a quarry, with the van in tow. It monitors my speed and sometimes swears at me if i fail to take directions.

Like me has started to show its age.

Oh thats unusual I just read this through allowed and it just called me a cheeky ***.

tash

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
From a shortlist which includes the motor mover, porch awning and aircon, I have awarded top place for practicality to a bug sucker-upper !!!!

A cheap plastic tube found at my local garden centre, with a cap at one end and a small 9 volt fan with a trigger at the other.

It means that the summer screams from within no longer result in me having to put down my glass and rush inside to rescue one of the 3 fair damsels in distress, from the evil advances of wasps, bees or spiders.

They can now self rescue at arms length, before replacing the cap and most importantly, leave me in peace to watch the world go by.

It comes home with us too !

Ken.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Ken, we need to get one of those! Our strapping 5' 6" tall, 12 year old son turns into a screaming girlpants when he sees a bee or a wasp and it drives us potty. His Aunty used to childmind for him and she's frightened to death of stinging creatures and has, unfortunately, passed her fear onto Joe.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
I bought a camping gaz party grill today its like a cadac gas grill,comes with grill attachment+wok attachment got it in the sale from go camping in the sale reduced from

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
1) George Forman Grill ; cooks chicken, steaks, chops

2) Memory foam matress topper

We're thinking about a motor mover so that could possibly be number three.

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
1) George Forman Grill ; cooks chicken, steaks, chops

2) Memory foam matress topper

We're thinking about a motor mover so that could possibly be number three.
where did you get your memory foam mattress topper from please?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts