bike carrier

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
hi , we have a 2008 kia sedonna i carry 3 bikes on the roof we want to put another 2/3 on the back of the car , had a look at the thule 9104 but their is 2 types estate & hatchback not sure what type the sedonna is , tow bar is detachable type , some feed back would be welcome...thanks

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
The nose load for your car is either 80kg or 85kg...

If you are thinking of putting a towbar mounted carrier on to your car, the weight of all of the bikes will have to be taken into consideration : as to how much will be left for the van

Example : if three bikes + bike rack weigh 30kg you will only be able to have a laden nose weight of your van of either 50kg or 55kg.

If its a carrier what is fixed to the top & bottom of the door.. ???

Then this type will not affect you caravan nose weight....

Your only problem will be not catching the van with the bikes when you have to turn on full lock....

( would it not be possible to store the small ones in the van whilst traveling )?

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

Have a look here: http://www.maxxraxx.co.uk/

I have a 4 bike carrier. Fantastic. Solid, easy to use, and very secure. Even comes with a little winch to secure bikes. Up to now have only had 2 bikes on with the van. The best carrier I've had. I had roof mounted before,but very hard work.

fine if you are not towing,but if you are you need to weigh the bikes and take this of your tow ball hitch load limit about 80 kg,for a sedona,or you could snap the hitch of,what with the van on and all.that is if you use a tow-ball mounted one.or go for a design that fits on the rear window of the car,but be aware of clearance with the van for turning or better still place inside the van.watch out for rear axle load on plate by drivers door or in handbook.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If you want to put two bikes inside your van have a look at carrabike; which is a stand to hold them stable.

mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts