Biscarosse

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Now planning holidays for next Whitsun and would like to visit the coastal area to the south-west of Bordeaux but not as far as Biarritz. We have looked at a few sites at Biscarosse i.e. Domaine de la Rive but all look a bit too lively but maybe they are not so in low season. Does anyone have any experience os sites in this area - any recommendations?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
In May and even early June most campsites in France will be very quiet indeed - at 'Whitsuntide' this year we were the only occupied pitch out of ten on our section of a very popular site. You'll find more visitors actually over the holiday weekend, which is shared with the French, but the remainder of the holiday will probably be quiet.

Domaine de la Rive accepts Camping Cheques (www.campingcheque.co.uk)right up until the end of June, so this suggests that the site is not going to be very busy at the time you're thinking of going. Most of the Camping Cheque sites are nice and quiet outside peak season, and yet you've all the facilities of a four star campsite available to you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lesley, I go to the Landes area regularly and it will be fairly quiet at the end of May.

Can I suggest a site that is on the Basin d'Archachon at Andernos le Bain? It is called Fontaine- Vielle [www.fontaine-vielle.com] and I was there last year. A beach side pitch, {actually the basin not the sea},is a great view and it is possible to take a stroll into Andernos in the evening via the beach side path.

If you wish to go further south I can recommend Le Col Vert at Lac Leon [www.colvert.com].

The area is not busy at that time of the year and there should be no reason to book. If you go to Biscarosse it would be easy to find a small site for the night and then tour around the various sites and find one you like and move there the next day.

Ray

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
In May and even early June most campsites in France will be very quiet indeed - at 'Whitsuntide' this year we were the only occupied pitch out of ten on our section of a very popular site. You'll find more visitors actually over the holiday weekend, which is shared with the French, but the remainder of the holiday will probably be quiet.

Domaine de la Rive accepts Camping Cheques (www.campingcheque.co.uk)right up until the end of June, so this suggests that the site is not going to be very busy at the time you're thinking of going. Most of the Camping Cheque sites are nice and quiet outside peak season, and yet you've all the facilities of a four star campsite available to you.
Thanks for that Val - it does appear to have a good pool complex and plenty of things for the children to do. I might just email the site to check that there will be some large pitches with easy access for twin axles as the site does seem to be in a pine forest with many trees!

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Lesley, I go to the Landes area regularly and it will be fairly quiet at the end of May.

Can I suggest a site that is on the Basin d'Archachon at Andernos le Bain? It is called Fontaine- Vielle [www.fontaine-vielle.com] and I was there last year. A beach side pitch, {actually the basin not the sea},is a great view and it is possible to take a stroll into Andernos in the evening via the beach side path.

If you wish to go further south I can recommend Le Col Vert at Lac Leon [www.colvert.com].

The area is not busy at that time of the year and there should be no reason to book. If you go to Biscarosse it would be easy to find a small site for the night and then tour around the various sites and find one you like and move there the next day.

Ray
Thanks Ray - I have gone on the web site for Fontaine Vielle which looks nice however on checking their charges the prices for a pitch are more or less double than that for a single axle. Adding the cost of children too we would be paying about 45 euros per night! in low season.

However - gone on Col Vert site and a lovely sized (130 sq m) grand comfort pitch near the beach will be 12.5 euros with just a minimal amount to be added for children - 1.55 euros each. Probably use camping cheques which will include the cost of electricity. I have asked them for their brochure.

Lesley

G

We too have been to Arcahon down to Capbreton last June and the 3 sites we stayed on were all only half full then, lots of really good sites, we too like the Landes !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts