black bits in toilet flushing water

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
when I flush my toilet I get a lot of small black bits in the water, has anybody any idea what this is and how I can get rid of them

Thanx

rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is a common problem - Thetford have brought out a toilet flush tank cleaner specifically for this. Just follow instructions and it should clear up. Think the problem is a particular kind of algae that grows in the tank - and seems to thrive even with (or because of!) the 'pink' flush additive. Think I've read Thetford are researching the issue. Their cleaner solved it in my tank though. Regards. Richard.

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site
we have a fleetwood crystal garland, about 6 years old?? we have noticed that there are lots of black crystal type debris coming from the taps when the water is run can anyone advise what could be the problem we have flushed the system with gallons of water but it still persists please help thank you jacko

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have a fleetwood crystal garland, about 6 years old?? we have noticed that there are lots of black crystal type debris coming from the taps when the water is run can anyone advise what could be the problem we have flushed the system with gallons of water but it still persists please help thank you jacko
If your black bits are due to an algai infestation of the water system, then flushing with plain water won't shift them. Get some Brewcleanse from alocal Home Brew supplier, some supermarkets sell it. Fill your 40 ltr aqua roll or similar with hot/warm water and add two or three spoonfuls of the cleaner and give it a good stirr. Prime all your water system with this mix and allow to stand for 30 min or longer if you think your system is particularly bad. Repeate the above if you still get the bits comming out after the firt flushing. Rinse the system with two or three, 120ltrs, containers of COLD clear water before use. The Brewcleanse will not only clean but will also sterilise your water system. Dont leave it in your system any longer than stated on the Instructions as it may have some effect on components although I have found it OK in the past with extensive Home Brewing. You could also try a plain UNSENTED Bleach at two table spoons per gallon of water, again flush with plenty of cold clear water. Home Brewers have used the above for a long time to clean and sterilise their equipment before brewing with very good results.

Hope that helps

Bri

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re my last, spoonfulls should be per gallon of water!!!!!

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I can't speak with authority since I don't have one!!! But are the black crystals from a water filter? It they are crystals then it doesn't sound like algae growth.

Hope this helps...

Phil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts