Black bits in water. How do I flush the system

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Good morning all,

Myself, the wife and my son went to a local site for the past bank holiday in our Sterling/Sprite Finesse. After we were all setup I went into the loo to wash my hands only to find lots of black bits shooting out of the tap. I ran the tap for a while and it seemed to get better but after invesigating the pipes to the loo and the kitchen sink the pipes are not the clear colour you would expect but are mottled with a dark substance. Can anyone recomend a way to flush the system out to clean the pipes. I've searched this forum but I can only seem to find info on toilet algei. I think this is probably the same problem but as we get our tea and coffee water and brush our teeth from these taps I need to be careful as to what chemical I use.

Any recomendations would be fantastic

Thank you in advance

Gary

Sep 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi

try using a few tablets of sterident(denture cleaner) in your water system, it works for me,follow the instruction on the tube, leave overnight and then flush out

cheers

Nick

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
We always put Puraclean in our aqua rolls & run it into the caravan water system...you can leave it in the aqua rolls & caravan pipes from an hour to 4 hours - then we thoroughly rinse the aqua rolls & run a fresh clean water through the caravan system until it runs with clear water. Puraclean comes in either powder (which we use) or tablet form & is available from camping & caravaning accessory shops.

TRENDING THREADS