Black Knowles... this week

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The site was on Countryfile this week John. I wonder if you was greeted by the warden like he greeted Michaela Strachan as she arrived. They were standing outside with gate key in hand with a big "welcome to Black Knowl Michaela".

I did feel put out as I commented to Her Ladyship. Not once has a warden greeted me with a "welcome to **** Your Windyship".

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Ah Lord B., We missed the lovely Michaela Strachan (sigh), but the greetings and welcome from fellow `vanners, wardens and locals more than made up for that.

I mentioned your name and was immediately threatened with banishment if we behaved in similar ways ;-)

A brilliant few days break perched up on the highground at the centre of the site.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Ah Lord B., We missed the lovely Michaela Strachan (sigh), but the greetings and welcome from fellow `vanners, wardens and locals more than made up for that.

I mentioned your name and was immediately threatened with banishment if we behaved in similar ways ;-)

A brilliant few days break perched up on the highground at the centre of the site.
BTW I found it dead easy to blow the hookup electrics but the staff were on their toes and it was fixed within minutes with a smile and a laugh

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Well, all I can say you are all very lucky to enjoy staying at this site. Our 'history' must have 'gone before us'! We cannot even get access to it!!! And us, a lovely old couple - well there you have it!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We went in October 2 years ago John and we had to pitch where you were because all the hardstandings had gone. A lot of the grass pitches were out of use because of waterlogging. Thankfully the following day someone left, 3 pitches up from the reception so we moved because it was boggy where we were.

I can't say the actual site is one of my favourites but the area is. Once out through the entrance it's all level walking which is ideal because of my dicky knees, the fruits of my past from romping in damp hay with my milkmaids ;O)

TRENDING THREADS