black streaks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am about to give my caravan its first clean of the year as per usual its got its usual amount of black streaks and general dirt having been stored in a field since last summer.Last year I bought some Fenwicks cleaner but I did'nt think it was as good as they say it was on the tin!My caravan has a dimpled skin body so any suggestions for the best way to have it gleaming again

Regards

Terry S

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terry, we use fenwicks Cleaner never had any problem with the black marks, just rub the cleaner neat first on to the black mark before you wash the whole van down, but do what it say on the instruction all way start at the bottom first, good luck Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning! Done my van last weekend using Autoglym caravan and motorhome cleaner. It comes in a spray bottle and works absolutely brilliantly! It removed black lines with ease- simply spray on and wipe off. It also got rid of a small scuff that was on the van after another van was reversed into it on the storage pitch that I hadn't been able to remove previously.

Very highly recommended!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terry I used to have a van that had a dimpled finish and it was always a problem to clean , until someone told me to use an offcut of carpet , just apply your polish and go over it with the piece of carpet which takes it down into the dimples , then

wait for it to dry and go over it again with a new piece of carpet , does a brilliant job , If you haven't got any offcuts

go to a carpet shop and ask for some swatches you can get enough

pieces out of a book of swatches to last a lifetime, I hope this

helps R J

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This might sound eccentric, but I assure you is does work. Get two lengths of the tape used to attached awnings to the caravan. You can get this stuff from larger caravan retail outlets. You run this into the awning rail, both sides. When it rains, rather than running down the caravan it drips off the tape thus missing the caravan. Bye-bye black streaks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, We just clean our van last weekend using Fenwick caravan cleaner, last time we did it , it said use two cap full of cleaner to gallon of water, not too bad , but this time we use half cup of cleaner to gallon of water, What a different it make, then leather it all down, and put good half cup of Bobby Dazzer to gallon of water and then spray from top to bottom then Chamois off, no streak, Wow What a Finish,Try it next time you clean your van, you will be please, we are, Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, We just clean our van last weekend using Fenwick caravan cleaner, last time we did it , it said use two cap full of cleaner to gallon of water, not too bad , but this time we use half cup of cleaner to gallon of water, What a different it make, then leather it all down, and put good half cup of Bobby Dazzer to gallon of water and then spray from top to bottom then Chamois off, no streak, Wow What a Finish,Try it next time you clean your van, you will be please, we are, Trevor
When you use stuff like Fenwicks you have to be careful. Make sure that you clean it off thoroughly or it could be more than juust the dirt you will be removing. Fenwicks is powerfull stuff

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Use the fenwicks van cleaner none diluted.The black streak cleaner is fenwicks diluted 1 part fenwicks to 10 parts water.Using it neat shifts every thing so far. Then as suggested use the bobby dazzler and what a finish.

Rob

TRENDING THREADS