blackpool in october half term

May 1, 2006
Visit site
Eveining all, We have just returned from a lovelly break from home farm, and are now planning our next break.

We are looking to travel up to blackpool for the half term week in october to expierienct the fun fair and of course the illuminations . Can any one recomend some good sites that will have nightly entertainment for the whole family with good touring facilities.

Many thanks in advance

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren there are two haven sites around the blackpool area they would have evening entertainment. Martin mere and Cala Grand think thats the names not stayed myself but no of friends who have and they recommended it if you like the haven sites Dont no if thats any help Tracy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Book Early whatever you choose. I've just tried to book our favourite CL in Blackpool, for the illuminations, and its full for Half Term! No trip for us this year.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Marton Mere is a British holidays site (same as Haven), they usually do some kind of a deal for October, last year I stayed all week for 30odd quid. As with most Haven/British holidays camps it becomes a swamp in the wet and it helps if you have a rock bolting kit for your awning, the pitches are concrete. It's no more than 10 mins drive from Blackpool but don't attempt to drive through the illuminations, it took me 3 hours last year.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
hiya we live near blackpool and if your going in half term can i suggest you get a tram from the car park at the start of the illuminations near the pleasure beach and go all the way to the end near bispham where the big pictures are get off and walk back for about a mile so you can see them better dont know if youve been before but to my kids these are the best bits then hop back on a tram back to the car park its so much easier and very cheap less than youd pay in diesel sat in the traffic

TRENDING THREADS