Blackpool

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

we will be going on our first trip with our caravan soon and would like to know of any good caravan club sites that are near to the illuminations.

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Blackpool South is the nearest Caravan Club site to the Illuminations, But this time of year most sites in the Blackpool area get fully booked very quickly. I would advice searching the web and booking a site in advance to avoid dissapointment

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't know if true but someone told me on a CL near Blackpool that the club site was closed. Seems silly while illuminations are on but I have been told that it is closing this year anyway to be developed.

DavidC

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I appear to have been fed "bum info"! Just looked on CC website and Blackpool is taking bookings. It is full till after the end of the month. Apologies but I was told it appeared to be closed by someone staying on the same CL as me at the weekend.

DavidC

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Can assure you that Blackpool C.C. site is definitely not closed as we just returned from spending a week there on Saturday. Also agree with the comment about booking in advance if wanting to visit any of the Blackpool sites during the Illuminations as they tend to fill up quickly.

If anyone wants to particularly visit Blacpool C.C.site it might be worth phoning the site itself rather than going by info on the web site booking facility. We were able to get on by doing this when online was showing as booked. Caravan Club site is a handy 5 minute drive from Blackpool town centre, toilet block and showers to normal club standard, children's play area, level pitches (all hard standing).

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Cropper Rd CC site at Blackpool the first week of the illuminations and we got on by ringing the site

Its full most weekens but for a longer stay they can squeeze you in sometimes

We also stayed last week at Warwick and when we rang the site was full but within an hour they had very obligingly rung back with a cancellation

So its worth asking

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts