Bladon Chains CC site

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have just booked a mid October four night stay at this site.

Has anybody has any problems taking their twin axle here, only I've just booked online, and they put up a warning about outfit size, is it access or pitch size?

Thanks Wendy

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
No problem with access Wendy so I'm not sure why the warning. If you have a dog don't expect much of a dog walk though, its short and muddy. Most walk their dogs outside the site along the road side which is not ideal.

G

Slightly curious about the comments regarding the dog walk, not that I have one. There is a path to the village which has been designated as the dog walk. I think the term walk is incorrect, what they actually mean is the area where pooches can do whatever they need to do at least once a day, so for non dog owners using the path means dodging the spoils of the pooches whose owners cannot read. As far as walking the thing then there are plenty of paths although a lead is probably a good idea, but you would use one anyway wouldn't you?

Bladon Chains is a lovely site next to Blenheim Palace and the the village of Woodstock is in walking distance. Many of the pitches are hard standing which means a finite size however the grass areas can certainly accomodate larger vans.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Scotch Lad, I will keep with my original booking. BTW, yes we do keep our dog on a lead at all times, and nobody will be treading in his doings!!:O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to agree with Scotch Lad, lovely site with good access all round. Good curry house in the village, menu in the information shed.Tip - Keep your site receipt with you to get a discount on entry to the palace. Also pay the little extra for a buggy ride round the grounds of the palace.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Theres no problem with the site itself, usual C.C. standards but like SL said, the dog walk is also the short cut to the village. The path was about 100 yards long before reaching the roadway.

I've posted this before but at the reception theres a sign saying to keep all dogs on a lead. The people who booked in before us chose the pitch next to the walk. What did they do, opened the tailgate and let them wander while they set up. I personally saw one of the dogs do a dump. By now I was fuming because I, as a dog owner, get catergorised the same as that selfish idiot. Do to the red mist I reported it to the Warden who went down to see them.

On our first walk with our dogs, within a hour of arriving, ended with both of us having to clean our shoes from dog mess. I would have liked to clean them with the dog owners noses :O)

The walk (short cut) had straw scattered along it but that didn't stop the squechy feeling of the mud, God only knows what it's like now after all the rain we've had, take a canoe Wendy.

You trod with caution because it was full of dog dumps and that was the first and only time we used that walk.

BTW SL, welcome back to the sunny UK.

G

Thank you LB, BTW what does the sun look like?? Actually I cannot complain as Hungary has been having a very hot and sunny season so far. Average temp around 28 and bounced up to 40 one day. We read the newspapers before travelling back and did ask each other why on earth we were doing this. Then of course we ran slap bang into the Glasgow affair and took twice as long to get home. Ah well, of to Mallorca on Saturday for a week so will get back in the sunny mood.

However, for anyone who is feeling adventurous. Why not give Lake Balaton a thought especially if you want to travel earlier in the year, May and June for instance. It used to be chokka with Germans but they are all leaving for the fleshpots of Bulgaria and Croatia (fleshpots??) so Balaton is now quieter. The motorways are also quieter than the UK. In June the water temperature was 28 degrees and the wine is only

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts