Blown Air Heating

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
And of course the beauty of the Truma blown air system is that you can blow cool air-ie heat off fan on-when it is hot out there-or should I say if. Fortunately with Alde we now have an omnivent that can do that. Not using it much though!
Jezzer, you cannot do that with the Truma Combi unit, at least on mine you can't, it is all auto matic.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Trumi combi 4 i think in our Bailey Pegasus=you could turn it to vent setting I think it was or set temp as low as poss and fans on full. Am sure there is a way but we sold the van now! 2016 model.

Reactions: Hutch
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Regarding the cool air feature on Truma; yes, you can set it blow cold air, but it will (In my installation anyway) only give you that option if the Hot Water is turned off. If there is hot water in the tank, it will still blow warm. So a feature which is pretty useless.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Always seemed to work really well for us-didn't notice warm air after the initial get go that I assumed was air trapped in the unit. And we could alter the fan speed too so it wasn't too noisy. Was worried we'd miss it in the Buc but the omnivent works as well only far noisier.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have the Truma blown air system and have never found it a problem . In a previous caravan it heated up the interior despite snow outside. Rear toilets can be slow to heat, but if you partially close the front vents once that is up to heat the toilet should then be heated. Pipe runs under the caravan, rather than inside, can also affect the performance.

Reactions: Gagakev and JezzerB
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Gagakev.

Without knowing what the problem you are presently having with the blown air system is, it difficult to say whether the newer Combi systems will or won't suffer from the same issues.

What I do know is a well installed and properly adjusted blown air system can be very effective, Its perhaps a bit more difficult in longer caravans, but as I say correctly adjusted a relatively small temperature differential can be achieved through out the caravan.

As Otherclive has suggested, many caravan manufacturers fits a length of hot air duct under the caravan, If that is not properly insulated that can make a noticeable difference at teh farthest point on the system.

Also air flow is impleaded by every bend in the ducts, so keeping them as straight as possible can make a surprising difference.

In one make of caravan, customers were complaining the end bathroom was not getting warm. We were asked to investigate. We found the caravan manufacturer was using a tee fitting in the duct close to the heater. The hot air entered the head of the Tee, and the straight ahead out put went to a vent, the remainder of the duct to the bathroom was on the leg of the Tee Swapping the vent and the bathroom duct over made a massive difference, directing more air flow to the bathroom.

Also regulating down the output flows through vents closer to the heater improves the flow to the extremities - without losing too much room temperature closer to the heater.

Its all about balancing the system.
Hi,
What problem,as far as I can see the post only asked for an opinion
Jezzer, you cannot do that with the Truma Combi unit, at least on mine you can't, it is all auto matic.
You can do that with mine,you must have something special.

Reactions: JezzerB and Gagakev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts