BMW 530 diesel estate !

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Newbie seeks 1st caravan :) We have above big heavy 3.0 ltr diesel, and want to know, if generally it would be OK for towing from UK down to Med or Algarve ? Has a detachable towbar & electrics, but we're just a bit worried about weight and overall length. Just 2 of us, looking for a fixed bed van. Thanks, Big Ant

May 18, 2006
Visit site
I towed in the UK and abtoad with a 530d tourer. My van was 1500Kg fully laden and this was 84% of the cars kerb weight - so spot on. Car had plenty of power so there was never any problems towing. Being the tourer, we could load plenty of gear in the boot and with the self levelling suspension it was very stable.

I think you should have no problems finding a van to tow with your car and towing to the South of France will be a joy.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Big Ant, I tow with a 530d Sport Saloon. Your Touring will pull practically anything you like. The only word of warning is watch your speed. Seriously! These cars tow so easily it's easy to creep over the speed limit before you even know it!!! When ever possible I put the cruise control on and use the over speed limit alert function. It reminds me there is a tonne and a half on the back...

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There have been some recent post on the need to upgrade the cooling systems on BMWs with auto boxes. I don't know whether this would affect the 530d series, but it did affect X5s and 520ds.

Cheers

Other Clive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts