Bodmin Moor Dual Carriageway started

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The work to create a new dual carriageway over Bodmin Moor and avoiding that railway bridge started today. When complete in TWO YEARS, the road will connect the Bodmin BY pass and the dual carriageway at Indian Queens.

Trips to Newquay will never be the same again. (IN TWO YEARS!!!!!)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Del

Am off that way in August,never towed down there before,am interesred to know what "that railway bridge" is all about!! sounds quite infamous, I HATE bridges and high bridges even more !!!!! hopefully you mean its a bit of a bottle neck!!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Del

I'm staying in the Bodmin area in August too. What's 'that railway bridge' sounds very scary.

Will the roadworks cause delays?

Regards

lh

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We have travelled to newquay many times and i can only asume that del is refering to the railway bridge that reduces the road to single file traffic. most of the route is now dual carriage way but at indian queens and also at the railway bridge the road is narrowed to single file. nothing scary about the bridge it goes over the road and is very brightly signed. really don't envy you though tina going in august the roads will be chocker down that way, we have done it from stockport in just over 6 hours in september but it did on one ocassion take nearly 14 hours to get home two weeks in to august. last time we went in august we set off home late on the friday night and missed all the rush on saturday morning. have a great holiday.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks John

Was starting to panick!You probably know the thelwall viaduct,well I nearly have kittens every time we go over that, I physically shake!!!!!!!!so thats a big relief!!We are setting off on fri morn and ambling to burnham on sea for a stopover!then doing rest of the journey to perranporth next day,When I was young (sigh) we used to get dragged out of bed and set off about 2 in the morning,mine are a bit little for that so will have to grin and bear it and plan plenty of stops!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks John

Was starting to panick!You probably know the thelwall viaduct,well I nearly have kittens every time we go over that, I physically shake!!!!!!!!so thats a big relief!!We are setting off on fri morn and ambling to burnham on sea for a stopover!then doing rest of the journey to perranporth next day,When I was young (sigh) we used to get dragged out of bed and set off about 2 in the morning,mine are a bit little for that so will have to grin and bear it and plan plenty of stops!!!!
Hi Tina,

I was on the M5 2 weeks ago & we got held up for an hour at J13 because of roadworks. So take lots of drinks & some nice music for the car. Let us know how you get on. Have fun!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina

If you are thinking of going to France next year be warned, they have some bridges there that make the Thelwall viaduct look very tame!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts