bonfire weekend

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi all
We are looking for somewhere around Derby Dales over the bonfire weekend where there will be no fireworks as our dog is petrified of the loud bangs,we are members of both of the main caravan clubs so a farm site would be fine aslong as they have E.H.

coachman Volvo xc60 r-design

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope someone can help, We are lucky as the fireworks do not scare them at all, A 1st generation Labradoodle and a X rat. But I would stay at home rather than put them through hell. A lemonade bottle expanding sends the doodle into a shake but fireworks no problem.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My two spaniels are used to guns generally of the 120 mm variety as used on Salisbury Plain withvsome 12 bore thrown in locally. But they are total wimps where fireworks are concerned.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
emmerson said:
Let's just ban fireworks!

I wholeheartedly agree with that !!!
My dogs absolutely hate them and I have to take quite exraordinary measures to try and limit the noise they can hear.

It would not be so bad if it were just the one night, but it is not, it is every opportunity for any reason at all times of the year.
Maybe it would help if they made quieter fireworks, surely it is the light display that is the main focus, not the bang,,,,,,,,,,,,,,isnt it?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We no longer have dogs, but in our earlier caravanning days we used to take two Bullmastiffs with us. Both of those were bomb proof and would sit gazing out of the windows at the fireworks. I do though sympathise with those whose dogs hate them. Personaly, I think they are just a waste of money. Its unfortunate though that even though you can find sites without any sort of display, there will be so many local ones it will be impossible to escape them.

The worst thing is that it no longer is just the one night, it seems to spread over the best part of a week. Where I live we have four, yes four golf courses within two miles and everyone of these does weddings. Every damn weekend nearly we get the 0100hrs firework display.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
SteveW77 said:
emmerson said:
Let's just ban fireworks!
Let's just ban dogs

Better still, lets ban flame bait content which is likely to take the thread into an off topic forum disagreement. ;)
The best thing for the O.P. could be to find a certified site / location on a working farm in a remote location. Phone the site owners to ask about the possibilities of nearby bonfires or firework displays before you commit to staying anywhere.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I would doubt that you could guarantee to be out of earshot of fireworks anywhere. A remote CL may be your best bet. If you are looking for a nice larger site, have a look at Cloverfields in Buxton. It is not entirely middle of nowhere, but could be possible. Also Woodland Caravan site near Ashbourne. It is very wooded so the trees may provide some noise insulation. Again it is not in the middle of nowhere so may not be suitable.
Hope you find somewhere.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts