Booking sites in advance this summer

May 3, 2021
Visit site
We live in Spain but this summer we are planning to bring our caravan to the UK for a few weeks, staying at three or four sites.

We will be visiting family – mainly south of Birmingham – and I’m wondering if we need to book caravan sites in advance or if there are enough inland sites for us to be a bit more flexible on a weekly basis.

Our site requirements are relatively modest – water, electricity and chemical disposal, and preferably a shower/toilet block. We don’t need a swimming pool, entertainment, playgrounds or proximity to the sea.

What do you think? Play it by ear, or book some sites?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When we went in August 2020 sites in Worcestershire we’re very full and I doubt you could guarantee a week booking. Since then the number of leisure vehicle and camping units has increased year on year. I would at least book my first site then try to book others as you want. If you are a member of either or both clubs the CS/CL network could be an option as the number offering showers etc has increased.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would be tempted to prebook your sites, I have heard of several, places being fully booked, due to the increase, in number of caravans and motorhomes. As OC has mentioned the club sites for Cl /Cs are very good. But get a good couple of weeks of good weather and the sites will be fairly full.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We live in Spain but this summer we are planning to bring our caravan to the UK for a few weeks, staying at three or four sites.

We will be visiting family – mainly south of Birmingham – and I’m wondering if we need to book caravan sites in advance or if there are enough inland sites for us to be a bit more flexible on a weekly basis.

Our site requirements are relatively modest – water, electricity and chemical disposal, and preferably a shower/toilet block. We don’t need a swimming pool, entertainment, playgrounds or proximity to the sea.

Join the Caravan Club and use their CL network as most sites will be fully booked for August. We live south of Birmingham and have used some sites in the area. Some CLs have fully serviced pitches with water and waste water hookups and are about £20 a night.

May 3, 2021
Visit site
Thanks everybody. I'll make a start on booking a site close to each of our family's home - Bristol, St Albans, Nuneaton and Kent. It would be nice to find some smaller sites with shower facilities, but otherwise the CLs have everything else we need

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everybody. I'll make a start on booking a site close to each of our family's home - Bristol, St Albans, Nuneaton and Kent. It would be nice to find some smaller sites with shower facilities, but otherwise the CLs have everything else we need
There are CL/CS that have showers and toilets, so don’t rule them out.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

When we started out caravanning we never pre - booked sites,now we do both, club sites and commercial ones,we got caught out once,never again - searching for a site late on in the day is not pleasant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts