Boot mounted Bike Rack Or Roof Rack, which is best?

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Off to Devon and or campsite is idea for cycling around however i don't fancy putting the bikes in the van.

So with weight distribution in mind, Boot mounted Bike Rack Or Roof Rack, which is best?

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
HI STEPHENA, i have one the fits on the roof bars+one the goes behind the towbar.find them both good,the bikes on the roof are out of the way so you havent got to worry when reversing,when i go abroad i put the bikes on back of car for ferry crossing because you dont have pay for extra height.ALL THE BEST ALAN P/T

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
It's a mondeo so height shouldnt be an issue, the down side to the roof mounted would be the expensive of the roof bars plus the bike carrying bit.

I will have a look on Ebay see what i can find!

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
we are also considering the roof or boot rack but we have 3 dogs in the boot plus a electric wheelchair/scooter and aren,t sure which way to go. Of course the expense of the roof bars plus the bike rack is over 150.00 in Halfords. Anyone any ideas to help with our problem.

Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
I did have boot mounts which were a pain in the bum if you stop and want to get something from the boot - I did think about putting them in the van but always worried about the possible damage - the Thule roof system is expensive but I think it will outlast my desire to ride a bike and other than being a long way up (I hava Kia Sedona which is already high) they are excellent and very easy to use.

They are also to Lock into place meaning I am happy to leave them on the car - I could never find a proper lock system for boot mounted systems.

This means, once we get to site, we can go off with the bikes on the car, but if we decide to leave them on the roof they are safe! This is also used the rest of the year if we just go out for a bike ride without the van!

Simeon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts