Bought a 1999 Sterling Europa 520 NT

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Unless you research every business's shareholder lists and company history you almost certainly do business with several such family owned concerns. There are a plethora of familiar high street names, whose premises are run as franchises, and the people you see face to face are actually employed by a private and often family owned business.

However I do agree with the notion that being "family owned" is not a guarantee of better service or value, but it's rather like a common description used for butchers and bakers where their shop sign includes the words "High class"

It harks back to earlier time's when family run businesses needed to build a good reputation in their community or face being shunned.
The family owned businesses I referred to in my post #20 did not go around advertising it, the reason I knew was just by using them and talking to them. One that I used from 1976 is still going strong after the father passed away his son continued the business and mum looked after the accounts and bookings. Now the son is on the verge of retirement too.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Unless you research every business's shareholder lists and company history you almost certainly do business with several such family owned concerns. There are a plethora of familiar high street names, whose premises are run as franchises, and the people you see face to face are actually employed by a private and often family owned business.

However I do agree with the notion that being "family owned" is not a guarantee of better service or value, but it's rather like a common description used for butchers and bakers where their shop sign includes the words "High class"

It harks back to earlier time's when family run businesses needed to build a good reputation in their community or face being shunned.
I agree with your posts, but many of them do not use the phrase "family owned" as in the past we have had bad service from some so called "family owned" businesses. Using the term does not always imply a friendly caring atmosphere. Obviously there are some really genuine and caring "family owned" businesses, but sadly a few spoil it for the majority.

TRENDING THREADS