BP light gas

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Hubby and I are taking delivery of our new Bailey Senator Carolina in 2 weeks time. As you probably know, its a heavy chunk of a van, and we are looking to keep the weight down for accessories as best we can. After looking at the new BP light bottles at the NEC show, we noticed that they seemed larger than the normal 10kg propane bottles. Indeed, after searching online, we think they are 571mm high x 305mm in diameter.

Does anyone have these in their van already? Do they 'sit' ok? I have e-mailed my dealer to ask him to measure where they would go, but would be interested to hear if anyone else has started using them.

Lesley

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
But when they do come, they'll be a boon for Continental travel because they will be exchangeable throughout Europe. You will just need an adapter to suit specific local types of connections.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Here in Holland, the see-through plastics bodied BP gas bottles (Gasflessen) have been available for a couple of years.

You have the choice of a 5.3 kg, 10 kg or 15 kg bottle - I guess that they will offer either the 5.3 or 10 kg bottle in the UK.

The gas bottle top has a unique fitting, so you will need an adaptor - I hope to try one this Summer in our Eriba with the fixed bulk-head regulator

Robert

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
These bottles sound ideal if you can exchange them on the Continent. I've a selection of gas bottles some originate from over 30 years ago. My Present van came with a Propane bottle and I already had 3 calor butane bottles.

The Propane is a UK bottle that no one in my area stocks, if you want to change to another brand of supplier you get nothing for the bottles unless you can find somebody to take it off of you.

The BP bottles sound a good idea but I guess many will be like us, to change over probably means losing the money you invested in your other bottles. Like the other Propane bottle I have, how readily available will the new bottles be?

In a market place where you are supposed too have "free trade" and choice re who supplies services I feel it is about time Calor and Camping Gaz and others were forced to make a payback fee to you if you no longer want their Cylinders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts