Braithwaite Fold

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does Lord B happen to be in a position to summarise his personal findings of Braithwaite Fold? Perhaps one off his many loyal subjects may like to put their own perspective forwards .

We're of there, the first week of school holidays

Thanks

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Neil, I can't help you. The two sites I've used in the lakes are Low Park Wood near Kendal and Low Manesty near Keswick, both nice although Low Manesty was my favourite.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been there about 3 years ago. Nice site run by the CC on behalf of the council I think. Pitches are not that large. Lovely position within easy walking distance of Bowness on Windermere. Haven't been back since because it seems pretty well booked.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil - have used it several times, but not in recent years. I found it to be a great site for visiting central lakes. Pitches were never large and some were uneven (but not a problem). Easy to walk into Bowness in the evening - couple of good pubs - and the crowds have died down. Relatively quiet given its position. Would definitely go again but I'm a bit full of the lake district at the moment due to my daughter living in Ambleside for the last 3 years! Enjoy.

john

TRENDING THREADS