Breakdown cover

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got my AA breakdown cover renewal it has gone up from £16 a month to £38.96 a month. Decided to get a quote from the RAC the same cover offered at £19 a month, what a surprise when I phoned the AA to cancel my policy they managed to price match the RAC. ALWAYS shop around folks. :woohoo:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Does your breakdown cover recover the outfit if it is the caravan not the car that is incapacitated. Also is there a maximum length of van (21ft). Worth checking when comparing to mayday.
Mel

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
You have to watch the standard AA and RAC cover as I believe they only cover the recovery of the caravan if it is the towing vehicle that has broken down. The Green fFag cover with the Caravan Club and the special RAC cover with the Caravan and Camping Club also give cover if it is just the caravan that has problems and neither has any lenght restriction.
This problem has been discussed many times on the forum

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ratty, I think you have been mislead. You need to ask if the fault is with the caravan will they still recover you and I am sure the answer will be no. To be frank I would check the length point with the policy as I am not sure the answer was correct.
In addition only the two clubs give you double recovery which means if you break down on the way to a site they will take you there and if the car cannot be fixed during your stay they bring you home again. In addition if the caravan is on site and you are away with the car and a problem arises they will take you back to the site and recover you back home. The C&CC cover is with the RAC but is a far more extensive policy than the one they selldirect as is theCC one Mayday which is with Green Flag. I am afraid that outside of the two clubs the breakdown policies available can leave you with a very expensive problem and I cannot suggest anywhere else you can go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts