BREAKDOWN COVER

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi lolly,

We have the CC Mayday breakdown cover - Green Flag. We've never actually had to use it. I read a thread on here somewhere that if you don't use one of the club covers, you are restricted on the length of your outfit should you need recovery. No doubt somebody can offer a bit more advice on that. I think the C&CC uses RAC.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi lolly,

We have the CC Mayday breakdown cover - Green Flag. We've never actually had to use it. I read a thread on here somewhere that if you don't use one of the club covers, you are restricted on the length of your outfit should you need recovery. No doubt somebody can offer a bit more advice on that. I think the C&CC uses RAC.
thanks Wendy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi lolly c&cc rac arival cover no limet on lenght of van and good service in my experence hope i don't have to use it . happy vanning peter
Yes, RAC Arrival gives excellent cover - we have used it twice (in about 15 years!), once in Spain, once in France. We have never so far had to use it in the UK for the caravan, but have used it here for the ususal car-related problems, when we have had the normal RAC service.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Breakdown cover is included in my car insurance with Zurich. Car and caravan rescue insurance is with More Than which was cheapest on the internet that met my requirements including continental cover. I have never had to call upon them - touch wood - so cannot comment on standards of service .

Mike E

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
I have had to use "Mayday" through the Caravan Club on 3 occasions ( 2 with caravan attached ) and found the service first class. On both times with the caravan there was no problem with taking us on to our destination,leaving the caravan on site and taking the car on to the garage for repair. I feel it is excellent value for the money.

Hpoe this will be of help to you and that whatever company you finish up using you won't require their services.

William

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lolly,

I have just switched from Rac to Mayday, the main problem with RAC is that if it is your caravan that need recovery the RAC don't want to know, if your car is broken down they will recover both but if there is no problem with the car they will not just recover the caravan.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
we are in the process of changing from the AA to Cc mayday. saves 20 quid a year and guaranteed recovery of caravan in the event of a breakdown / accident. after reading small print AA cant guarantee this and definitely not if theres a fault with just the caravan

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
Nobody's mentioned Mondial Assistance, which sent me details of their service in the autumn and seemed a good bet for the new season. Can't vouch for them as i haven't signed up yet, but they offer stand alone caravan breakdown recovery cover for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The RAC will recover a caravan breakdown up to 18 ft in length and there is a certain weight limit but this figure I am not sure. This is similar to all other recovery companies. They will cover excess to these figures but a surcharge will apply as larger recovery vehicle would be required. RAC will cover all lenghts and any weight for members of C&CC and with their "Arrivals" scheme with no excess payable. I had a bad experience with Green Flag last year which took a lot of correspondence for an eventual settlement of claim, although I was almost

Jan 6, 2006
Visit site
The RAC will recover a caravan breakdown up to 18 ft in length and there is a certain weight limit but this figure I am not sure. This is similar to all other recovery companies. They will cover excess to these figures but a surcharge will apply as larger recovery vehicle would be required. RAC will cover all lenghts and any weight for members of C&CC and with their "Arrivals" scheme with no excess payable. I had a bad experience with Green Flag last year which took a lot of correspondence for an eventual settlement of claim, although I was almost

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Lolly

I insure with Zuric and use thier breakdown cover which is Green flag the package worked out cheapest, last sept I needed some help car broke down only waited 45 mins service first rate

I would not want to change. Going abraod the the CC in my mind offer the best package, always have that sort of cover but hopefully will not need to make use of it.

May 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi lolly

Take a good look at C&CC and RAC Arriva, available to club members only. Below is what happened to me last August

RAC Arival will recover any length caravan for any reason, and any length.

I had cause to use this service a short while ago when the caravan decided to go its own way on the M4 in Berkshire. No other vehicle was involved, the caravan parked its self just about on the hard shoulder. It was found to be a defective hitch, no damage was found on the caravan apart from the jockey wheel and hitch. The RAC kept ringing as did the police to check on myself and the wife until the recovery arrived, i can't fault the service i received. (Iv'e had more than my subscription back for this year)

Derek

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
Well - this post saved my posting my own

Any info on Europ Assistance

Well, http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/ do look damn good as they are using Europ Assitance then the info on Europs website may apply:

http://www.europ-assistance.co.uk/Template.aspx?ID=103
Does look damn good and that is a great cost as it includes European cover.

Hmmm, well whem my Direct Line cover runs out for breakdown, they may well get my business, especially as I am off to Europe in the summer - what a cost saving

Scott

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi lolly

we have our car insured with direct line and we have now got breakdown cover with them. I don't know if as we have both with them it is cheaper.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi lolly c&cc rac arival cover no limet on lenght of van and good service in my experence hope i don't have to use it . happy vanning peter
yes we have this rac cover and theres no limit on length.some other compainies are dearer and some have length restrictions.not has to use this cover yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts