Breakdown Insurance

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Can someone suggest the best (not neccessarily the cheapest) cover for continental touring. I get my AA cover because of the type of bank account I have but they don't include foreign travel. The AA site shows that for non members the cost is £109.79 for one trip or £115 for annual. The RAC site shows £98.80 and £173.28 respectively. Green Flag (via the Caravan Club) doesn't list foreign travel and, as it's the weekend, I haven't phoned them yet. I can't believe the CC can't provide foreign cover!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi paul you need to decide where you are going. i took RAC arrival which is fine in the uk but there european cover does not include Portugal or Poland al though they are both part of the eu. we used it last year without realsing thank goodness we didn't need it. This year we have taken europ assistance which covers the car and van for 3 months via the C&CC.even if i get a back end shunt to the van making it untowable. the cost was the same as the RAC although the cover with them was for a year. I hope this helps we are off on thursday to Spain and Portugal happy vanning peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi paul you need to decide where you are going. i took RAC arrival which is fine in the uk but there european cover does not include Portugal or Poland al though they are both part of the eu. we used it last year without realsing thank goodness we didn't need it. This year we have taken europ assistance which covers the car and van for 3 months via the C&CC.even if i get a back end shunt to the van making it untowable. the cost was the same as the RAC although the cover with them was for a year. I hope this helps we are off on thursday to Spain and Portugal happy vanning peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

WHOOPS!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
PaulT,

I found overseas breakdown cover through www.moneysupermarket.com and ended up with More Than. I also got extra medical insurance from the same web site. Never had to call upon either policy so cannot comment for or against - just the price seemed right for the cover I was seeking.

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi paulT

Im with europ assist it insures the vehicle and any authorised driver & up to 6 passangers includes cover for 90 days in europ and caravan(maximum of 21 days single trip). Cost me

Feb 27, 2006
Visit site
The Caravan Club provides an excellent insurance policy for foreign travel which is very specifically for the caravanner, called Red Pennant. I have used it for over 20 years. When my car was written off in an accident in France 8 or 9 yrs ago, the service they provided was fantastic. They had a French speaking member of staff who dealt with the Police and the recovery garage and I had a replacement tow car within 12 hours. The car had to be left in France but a tow truck was waiting at Dover to take us and our caravan home.

I would not consider going abroad without CC Insurance.

Alun

TRENDING THREADS