Bristol to Warcombe Farm.Your thoughts please

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Were off to Warcombe Farm near Woolacombe in about 2 weeks but would like to hear your thoughts on a suitable towing route.

I was thinking....(from Barnstaple)....A361 to Braunton
A361 to Mullacott
B3343,then turn off right into Mortehoe Station Rd.

Looking at the maps,it seems a little bit further than cutting across country but I would rather stay on major roads than tackle the narrow bits.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Were off to Warcombe Farm near Woolacombe in about 2 weeks but would like to hear your thoughts on a suitable towing route.

I was thinking....(from Barnstaple)....A361 to Braunton
A361 to Mullacott
B3343,then turn off right into Mortehoe Station Rd.

Looking at the maps,it seems a little bit further than cutting across country but I would rather stay on major roads than tackle the narrow bits.
We used to go to Lynton and always stuck to the north Devon link. The A361 is fine.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Actually Google maps route suggests the 3230 (northwards) from Barnstable then the 3123 heading west towards the destination. If you have concerns you can 'drive' the routes to compare on Google Maps Street View. It gives this route about 2 1/2 hours although currently there are delays around Barnstable and the last couple of miles to the site - and these would be 'solo' times. If in doubt is is often wise to quickly check the proposed route on the morning of departure for any orange or worse still red marked areas of severe delay! I would always prefer a steady route than any that leads to stop/start frustrations in road work queues!
Hope the sun shines on your trip!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks otherclive and audiorob
Were leaving on Thursday about 9am so hopefully,no hold ups.
Having said that,I know there were some roadworks last week just outside Barnstaple.(40mph for a good few miles).
Not too worried though really as we already have our pitch number confirmed when we booked so there's no real rush to get there and "bag" a decent pitch.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ade , Stick to the North Devon Link road ,A361. Watch out for speed cameras and hidden mobile speed traps. Whilst most of the way is 60 they do Nick caravans going over 50.

Reactions: GeorgeandAde

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts