British Gas Homecare services

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have a problem with blocked drains and waiting for homecare services spoken to them on chat and said they would be out in the next four hours so here hoping everything will be sorted .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have a problem with blocked drains and waiting for homecare services spoken to them on chat and said they would be out in the next four hours so here hoping everything will be sorted .
Better than my experience. I booked BG to attend our daughters house last Monday. The booking was made three weeks prior. They phoned me 24 hours before on a Sunday to say because of an unexpected number of breakdown the booking would be cancelled and a new booking made for early May. The problem with her boiler is that it has become so noisy that the next door neighbour complains she can hear it cutting in and out. Which she can as our daughter did a test series with the neighbour. So it’s either the pump or a burner problem. Need to get it fixed as neighbour says she will report it to Environmental Health. No need for that as our daughter has preempted her neighbour.

For our house I kept receiving reminders the boiler needed servicing. It was serviced August 2021 and reminders started in December 2021. So I’ve recently given in and booked a service for May 2022. But given the track record it will probably be cancelled and deferred nearer to August anyway.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am not a fan af BG, we had a service agreement with BG for our boiler, every year they would change their minds about the wall vent , had to be covered to stop insects, then next year totally open. Your boiler is old , needs replacing, still runs well25 years later, at 40 years old.
Final straw was when, we were paying for priority call out. And Mrs H had to call them, Sorry we can't come to you for 48 hours. Local gas man came and replaced a thermocouple. Cancelled our contract with them.
Edit, for BG, google Big Gas. 😎

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It took a company nearly 2 weeks to resolve and issue with SIL home services. She has been paying the company for a very long time and it was her first call out. I told her to cancel the agreement and to put the money aside as over the years it adds up to a lot of money for nothing.
She had the same issue with a tumble drier when it went faulty and it took the other company with whom she had insurance nearly 3 months to replace. Again I pointed out to here that if she had saved that money paid over the years, she could have bought 3 or more tumble driers!
BB I hope that they get you sorted out soon as blocked drains can be rather unpleasant, but not as bad as when a sewage pump goes faulty and leaks liquid stuff! Yech! :D

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they will use a contractor for the drain problem who will be far more keen to et the job done and get paid. Boiler and other domestic appliance repairs are normally done by their own staff and there seems to be less incentive for them to do the job on time.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hopefully they will use a contractor for the drain problem who will be far more keen to et the job done and get paid. Boiler and other domestic appliance repairs are normally done by their own staff and there seems to be less incentive for them to do the job on time.
I agree. When we had a blocked drain they sent out the local Dyno Rod bloke
mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This is probably an opportune moment to remind members of the forum guidelines.
Included within the set of rules is one that reads:
'Avoid calling out or attacking specific brands or companies in an effort to shame them with your experience. Take specific complaints directly to that company so they can work with you to resolve it'
Please bear this rule in mind when complaining about specific companies

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This is probably an opportune moment to remind members of the forum guidelines.
Included within the set of rules is one that reads:
'Avoid calling out or attacking specific brands or companies in an effort to shame them with your experience. Take specific complaints directly to that company so they can work with you to resolve it'
Please bear this rule in mind when complaining about specific companies
Apologies as once again I phrased it incorrecty and have now modified the post. Actually I was not referring to the company in the headline of the post, but used "them" which could have given the incorrect impressions. Apologies again.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Apologies as once again I phrased it incorrecty and have now modified the post. Actually I was not referring to the company in the headline of the post, but used "them" which could have given the incorrect impressions. Apologies again.
Thank you Buckman.
It's no big deal and I intervened only in order to avoid a forum 'pile on' with potentially dozens of complaints about a company which has no chance to defend themselves here.

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Appliance insurance is fantastic. In the past two weeks I have had 5 phone calls all offering me a £119 refund. All they need are my bank details! I suggest they send me a cheque. But they are not keen on that. They then ask me for my policy ref numbers. Not possible I say, I don’t have one, never have and never will. So ignorant, the hang up on me!

John

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Our contract with BG goes back to the early seventies and had no problems until the Covid come about ,The annual service was delayed but eventually they came . Since then BG have rung twice saying can we come to service the boiler in which iI replied you only done done it few months ago , He then said how about next week?. Give over mate , make it in July 22. Ok so next Tuesday ok am or pm?.

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our contract with BG goes back to the early seventies and had no problems until the Covid come about ,The annual service was delayed but eventually they came . Since then BG have rung twice saying can we come to service the boiler in which iI replied you only done done it few months ago , He then said how about next week?. Give over mate , make it in July 22. Ok so next Tuesday ok am or pm?.
I had similar and just gave in to the requests for servicing.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It took a company nearly 2 weeks to resolve and issue with SIL home services. She has been paying the company for a very long time and it was her first call out. I told her to cancel the agreement and to put the money aside as over the years it adds up to a lot of money for nothing.
She had the same issue with a tumble drier when it went faulty and it took the other company with whom she had insurance nearly 3 months to replace. Again I pointed out to here that if she had saved that money paid over the years, she could have bought 3 or more tumble driers!
BB I hope that they get you sorted out soon as blocked drains can be rather unpleasant, but not as bad as when a sewage pump goes faulty and leaks liquid stuff! Yech! :D
Just had some work to the kitchen half of the floor had to come up and found the overflow pipe for the washing machine had leaked we wonder what the smell was now we know but hoping now everything been repaired so far ok :)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well British Gas Dynrod was here yesterday with the lorry all waste products removed from the main drain and after that he put a camera down to make sure everything was clear and now working well .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts