British Justice System

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
With reference to my post under "Update on His Windyship".

Last week I was on jury service (Crown Court) and was informed that it costs £30,000 per day to run. My point is, if the person I posted about only gets 2 years driving ban and £3000 court costs for careless driving and causing the death of a 26 year old female where is the logic? Surely it would have been cheaper to caution him and let him go. Bearing in mind this moron would most likely have been entitled to legal aid hence the services of a Barrister, the costs rise further, all funded by idiots like us, the taxpayers.

If I had gone out and stole £1000 for example, from my employer, I would have been sent down for at least 3 months. It just goes to show what our legal system puts on the price of a human life.

Rant over until the next one which will be coming soon :O) Watch this space - hehheh!

Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Don't post any more of these Lord B till after Christmas.

Lisa )smiley icon thingy).
Ummmm why not? As a busy aristocrat who has to spread my time equally between my country spread and my town house I have to post when I have a few minutes,

His Windyship (grumpy icon thingy).

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
As usual L.B. you have it all wrong.

If you had nicked a grand from your employer you would have had a smacked wrist. (as a first offence).

If on the other hand you had been spotted on camara doing 32 in the 30mph zone you do not get the choice, you ARE A CRIMINAL and fined and awarded the prize of licence points.

If on the other hand your offence is serious then all the benifit that the State can provide is at your disposal, in case anyone makes a mistake and actualy convicts.( god forbid ) and is sent to nic. Then the costs start to esculate and your 30K becomes peanuts.

Or am I a synical old Bugg-r.

ttfn

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, explain this to me please.

I know someone who is married to an ex-con, they have several buisnesses including licensed premises. (As he has a criminal record he can't hold a license so a member of staff applies for the license). Anyway, they do some very dodgy things, they have a massive house, indoor pool, homes abroad, 2 x mercs diamonds dripping off her fingers etc, etc. They're very close friends with their accountant.

She applied to be a magistrate and was accepted and has been one now for about four years. I always thought that she'd become a magistrate so she could learn about 'the system'. What do others think as I am intrigued?

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave, that's the system that looks after criminals and sometimes sends them on holiday! It's the same system that penalises the victims,Unless, as you said,you happen to drive a car.Then you automatically become a criminal!

Feb 5, 2006
Visit site
I think we are all using the wrong terminology here. It is the British Legal System - when the hell has it ever had anything to do with justice or fairness? I remember sitting watching telly with my father, I would have been about 9 years old. The news came on and we sat and listened. After a particular item about a court case, I turned to my father and said 'but daddy thats not fair'. His reply? 'No Eileen it is not fair or just, life is like that and the older you get the more you will realise how unjust and unfair the world is' I have never forgotten him saying that, it came as a shock to one so young that bad people were not punished and life would not be fair - unfortunately his words were so true.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Never expect to get "justice" out of the British Legal System, it will never happen!!

In my previous work, I was seriously assaulted , which resulted in me losing a large part of my sight in my left eye, a smashed cheekbone, and permanent Trigeminal Nerve damage (great for going to the dentist, needs no anaesthetic for fillings or extractions).

The assault was witnessed by 30 other people, who all gave evidence, and guess what,,,,,,,,the Jury found the guy Not Guilty of GBH.

So,who did the damage? It MUST have been me..........???????

May 21, 2008
Visit site
What justice system and where's the legal system!!

You see people killed by drunk drivers, Grannies mugged for their pension money, ASBO's constantly ignored and general loutishness all over the place andwhat do the perpetrators of these crimes get?

Pity, "understanding", a slap on the wrist fof a sentence and then a college coarse on how to be a good boy/girl.

In my day the head master could dish out the slipper, the Bobby on the beat (where are they these days) could give you a slap, and when your dad found out you got another one.

Now they have to duck because that's asault!!

I can remember about 15 years ago when the teacher at my lads junior school grabbed a kid by the jumper and just placed him in his seat telling him to "sit down and shut up". That cost the school nearly a grand in solicitors fee's as the lad blerted out "I'll sue you for asault". Of coarse the parents thought the sun shone out of the kids ar**, and a full investigation ensued. The teacher had to move to another school because the kid spread around the rumors.

There's an example of the EEC butting into our systems and causing anarchy. It's not the only time either.

Steve.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
"I can remember about 15 years ago when the teacher at my lads junior school grabbed a kid by the jumper and just placed him in his seat telling him to "sit down and shut up".

Now see how that can read,

A teacher who had lost control of his/her class could not control a junior pupil, who had refused to be quiet and be seated when told to do so. The teacher then "grabbed the pupil by his jumper and forced him into his seat"

So the teacher had to resort to violence to control a junior pupil. Now is that not what's wrong ??

Val & Frank

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Well not realy when the teacher could of lost control by whacking the kid on the head ( that was favorite in my school days).

What was described at the investigation was that the teacher took hold of the jumper to position the pupil in his seat. This was backed up by a couple of parents who saw from the play ground through the huge windows which filled the class room wall, the event take place.

I'm afraid that the attitude of youngsters today comes from lack of respect for discipline and this has eroded down hill because corpral punishment has been deleted from socity. Yes I agree there is a whole world of difference between a controlling wrap on the knuckles compared to wanton punishment and I certainly would not approve of that.

Now all the teachers have is the power of speach and if the culprit refuses to listen then detention is the next tool but if they fail to attend expulsion is the next tool. But the parents get anoyed and the pupil is reinstated at the same school or another one to go through the same process all over again.

It is no wonder to me that teachers have such a hard time doing their job when certain youngsters (about 20% of a class) just have no respect or regard for authority.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts