British weather

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Lucky you Craig! Having just looked out of our window and it is snowing heavily!!! No signs of it stopping and the flakes are getting bigger. We do live in Derbyshire though so we expect this sort of thing this time of year. 20 Years ago - went to bed with a clear night, woke up to 3' snow at the end of April! Can anyone beat that?

It does look nice and wintery - a bit light Christmas coming late.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're just back from a week in North Wales and had rain coming down sideways,thunder,gale force winds and bitterly cold......all in all a right good holiday to put roses in your cheeks!!!

G

Just had the same scenario for a short break in Yorkshire. Driving home yesterday was quite scary as the wind was terrible and we passed one truck on its side. Made my wife slow down tho'. The good thing was we got the outfit set up for the season, it is amazing all the stuff you take out in October, and cannot then find it again in Spring. I have noticed that without fail the first trip of the year is usually a bit disappointing, but subsequent ones get better and better, must be psychology I suppose.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad to hear what you say Scotch lad as we are off again in just over 2 weeks,doing the grand tour of the very north of Scotland.I think to be on the safe side,we shall take a selection of clothing for each season!!

We came up the M6 yesterday,and I must say the wind was awful....glad to get back home in one piece.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts