Brittany Discounts (Owners abroad)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When discussing Ferry prices with some other caravanners recently one indicated he was receiving the discounted rates for "owners of property abroad" from Brittany ferries. Some of the rates he quoted were were very much lower than I was able to get (£310 for 2 adults, caravan in August 2006 !!) Poole/Cherbourg. When I queried him about what was needed to get onto this scheme he indicated you only needed a utitiliy bill from a property abroad and then pay a nominal membership fee. I would add he does not own a property abroad !!!!!!

Is this a wide spread practice - is it that easy for Brittany Ferries to accept membership to "owners abroad".

We are talking serious money for those of us having to pay the full rate and effectively subsidising those in the scheme. I can understand the scheme applying to those genuine customers who travel on a regular basis to their properties but if the scheme is being fiddled we are losing out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its not as easy as it seems to become a member now. You do need a utillity bill and in some cases I've heard they ask for other proof. I have a friend who tried to join and was turned down because he didn't have the proof they wanted.

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts