Brittany Ferries - Dogs

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Just conducting a straw poll! What are members experiences with Brittany Ferries and dog travel on the Portsmouth - Caen route? When checking in are your dogs ever scanned or are they completely ignored by Brittany staff?

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,Paul,
Travelled with Brittany Ferries a few times, not Portsmouth / Caen - but Poole/Cherbourg (shorter route for dog) and yes they do check the dog with a scanner and check the data with the passport, and then issue you with a big pink sticker "Pet on Board" which has to stuck in the front windscreen. Hope this helps.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Vectisrambler - I've done the Portsmouth - Caen route many times but the dogs ahve never been scanned. There appears to be little (if nothing) that Brittany does for dogs on this route (no special loading arrangements etc) . What I am trying to find out is whether I'm an exception. Brittany Ferries have refused to answer any more of my emails on this subject.
Please note that I have absolutely no complaints on any other part of Brittany Ferries services and wouldn't travel with any other carrier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts