Brittany suggestions anybody?

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
We plan to visit Brittany next June - first time. Has anyone a recommendation that fits our criteria? We prefer quiet sites similar to CLs - certainly would avoid places with big pool complexes/slides/entertainment etc. Access to good walking and biking would be good. Not too bothered about direct beach access. One place I found on random web search was Croas-an-Ter on south west coast. Anybody been there?

Tomorrow we are off to St Lucia (without caravan!) for a week, so don't think I'm rude if I don't acknowledge any replies for a while. Thanks.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Ken

I've had a browse of the website- it will be useful. Our plans may be affected by the price of the Euro though. Can't be any more expensive than St Lucia though - ouch!

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi v.meldrew2,

I can recommend "Les Genets d'or" at Bannalec. Just off the E60 between Quimper and Arzano. Set in an old orchard its very, very quiet, no frills, large level piches. Toilets imaculate as is the rest of this small campsite. English owned you will receive a warm welcome from Judy and Alan, you will find most campers there are regulers, most return. Plenty of places to visit nearby, the small town of Bannalec is a 10 minute walk, with shops and restaurants. Largish supermarket with fuel station 5 minute drive.Good luck.

JTS.

www.holidaybrittany.com

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Try looking at Bois du Bardelet near Combourg.

It is 15-20 miles south from St Malo and Mont St Michel.

Run by a Channel Islander and his British wife Claire.

has 26 pitches in 2 fields. One for caravans with hookup etc: and the other for tents.

Lovely restful site with the added bonus of a small swimming pool.

We have stayed in their Gites in April for the past 3 years and at the campsite for the past 2 years when caravanning

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi v.meldrew2,

I can recommend "Les Genets d'or" at Bannalec. Just off the E60 between Quimper and Arzano. Set in an old orchard its very, very quiet, no frills, large level piches. Toilets imaculate as is the rest of this small campsite. English owned you will receive a warm welcome from Judy and Alan, you will find most campers there are regulers, most return. Plenty of places to visit nearby, the small town of Bannalec is a 10 minute walk, with shops and restaurants. Largish supermarket with fuel station 5 minute drive.Good luck.

JTS.

www.holidaybrittany.com
Thanks - looks very nice indeed. Still waiting to see what happens to pound/euro!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts