Broken tap over sink unit

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone suggest where I can get a new tap for my Autoquest? It has fractured internally (plastic base ring) after being very stiff to turn for a while.
Also is it easy to fit or do I need to remove the oven (problem with gas connection!) There seem to be H & C pipe push-on type connectors behind the oven but I have never used these before and don't want to cause a flood.
Hope someone can help.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
It might be more useful, and would certainly give readers a chance to reply, if you could give more details, ie the type of tap, if you have no idea perhaps by browsing a suppliers site such as Caravan spares you could identify not only the type of tap but also the price to replace.
That being said you are almost certainly going to need access to the underside of your tap and if that means removing the oven then..................

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I've been away. Tried both of your suggested supply sites but can't see my model. It is a plasticky chromed mixer type with H&C tail supply pipes and also has a microswitch - short spout for the mixer also. I'll try emailing them a photo - probably be more helpful.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
chrisb said:
Thank you both for your replies. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I've been away. Tried both of your suggested supply sites but can't see my model. It is a plasticky chromed mixer type with H&C tail supply pipes and also has a microswitch - short spout for the mixer also. I'll try emailing them a photo - probably be more helpful.

Maybe this one, matches for push fit, microswitch and short spout, how about the hole size 33mm?
http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/product_56243/reich_kama_33mm_mixer_tap_smooth_fit_%28chrome%29.aspx
Try Trawling through their site if your requirement is different, I know they also do a version with push on (with a jubilee clamp) hose connections.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Retred, Roli and Yosser. Bit the bullet and got the thing off the worktop and disconnected. It is a Reich tap with 12 inch tails with push connectors to the supply and built in micro-switch. It was a bit of a "go for it moment" as it was jammed solid but it useless to leave it as it was. Very grateful for all your comments and supplier suggestions.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you just have to "go for it" Chris! We had many years of old vans which no-one really understood, and I had to work out how everything worked by highly-skilled "poking about."
Present van was bought new (thanks Uncle Fred, RIP!), but once out of warranty, I well remember the first time I had to fix something. I now understand most of the electrics and plumbing - but only by trial and error!
The trick is, not to break anything while trying!

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
When installing a new sink in one's home there will definitely be a need for sink plumbing supplies. Sinks plumbing is a far easier endeavor if the sink installer has all of the sink plumbing supplies that he or she requires before beginning the sinks plumbing project. Finding sinks plumbing supplies on the Internet can save the homeowner considerable funds, and can make the sink plumbing endeavor a bit more affordable too.
Tom Plumb
(Think you've got the wrong end of the stick Peter - this is a MOTORHOME forum. But I'll leave your post here for now in case the plumbing link is any use to the OP or others, even though you're responding to a rather old thread - as Spammers sometimes do! If I see any more commercial links of dubious relevance from you, I'll delete them and block you. TJ - Mod)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts