Aug 20, 2005
Visit site
I have just booked my sites in Switzerland and Lake Como and fancy calling at Bruges for a few nights on my way back to the ferry. Could anyone recommend any sites close to Bruges?

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bridgette,

There are three camp-sites worth invetigating close to Brugge (whatever you do, don't say Bruges to the locals - it's in the Dutch speaking half)

1. Camping Blaarmeersen (Gent) about 30 minutes from Brugge, and probably the best camp-site in Belgium - in a large (grass and trees) recreation park on the outskirts of the city

We recommended this site to "Barney (Cumbria)" last year - and if you do a serch for his postings - you see they really liked it

2. Camping Memling (Brugge) - just to the East of Brugge in Sint Kruis - this is a small, but popular site. Roughly equivalent to a caravan and camping club site in the UK

3. Camping Klein Strand - in a large water fun park - popular with families with young children

You can find all of these camp sites in the ACSI web-site.

Groetjes, Robert

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bridgette,

Second part - if you are travelling via Belgium - then I guess you will be going via Luxembourg.

If so, then definitely fill up your car in Luxembourg - fuel price (diesel) was around 50 pence per litre just before Christmas - and is by far the cheapest fuel in Northern Europe

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re sites at Bruges, we stayed at Camping Sint Michiels, which was very good. Ten minutee walk to an excellent bus service right into the centre. Local shopping facilities handy.

This was our first visit to Bruges, and we were bowled over!

Graham

TRENDING THREADS