burning clutch

Sep 28, 2006
Visit site
hi have just came back from a break and when we were reversing the van up a slight incline started to burn the clutch its on a 55 plate mondeo

the usual small amount of smoke but the smell was terrible having now come back the car pulled the van no probs

but can still smell the burning smell how long does this smell last for or does it take ages to go away many thanks mike

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
done the same thing at easter with a freelander only it was a lot of smoke.done over 2000 miles and still smelt so changed clutch to be on the safe side the plate was blue when removed so worth it.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
I used to have a Vectra that did that. Thought I had burned the clutch out at only 16000 miles due to a steep hill start with the van on the back, but I made every effort to avoid hill starts with the van after that, mainly by taking a longer but flatter route out of my local area. Sold the Vectra at 44000 miles still with original clutch intact.

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
i have a ford focus c-max and find the same thing it is a pain in the butt i found that after reversing up my driveway the clutch feels like it is burning out and stinks but after switching engine of the smell goes away after about 20mins and the next time the van moves it feels like new again i have heard about this before from a few people.........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts