Buy and sell.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I realise there isnt a section here for buy and sell, but is it OK with the forum owners to advertise freebies and giveways. For example, I have a quilt, pillowcases, quilt cover, fitted sheets and mattress protector for a caravan fixed bed, side version (corner off). They are all in excellent condition, one of the sheets is new. As we have changed the van, we no longer need them and may be of use to somebody starting out with a fixed bed setup. I think the make is Jonic.

If this isnt appropriate, please delete the post.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's unfortunate that there was no classified section included in the recent forum upgrade.
Adverts are not allowed on the forum message boards for various reasons.
(Rule 6 Forum Etiquette)
Forum users would soon become fed up of having to wade through loads of adverts before they could see the material of interest to them, the website would very soon become a magnet for all kinds of commercial advertisers and forum members would potentially be rendered vulnerable to cyber crime.
Try Preloved, it's a free online advertising website that has given good results.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Parksy and thanks for the email. I had read the rules but wasnt sure about freebies which was why I was trying to ask. Hope I dont get 14 days as the cookhouse spud barber as punishment ;) I can see the reason for the rules, though I have to say the other forums seem to have few problems with a classified section.

I thought about fleabay, but just wanted to give them away to someone starting out. We normally give stuff to Air Ambulance, but the dear old ladies that work there would be slightly befuddled with a quilt with one corner missing :lol:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You're welcome,
The rules can't really be applied in the case of freebies so no jankers, your post isn't commercial and if anyone wants to avail themselves of your generosity they should use my link to allow me to forward their email address to you ;)

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thingy said:
Thanks Parksy and thanks for the email. I had read the rules but wasnt sure about freebies which was why I was trying to ask. Hope I dont get 14 days as the cookhouse spud barber as punishment ;) I can see the reason for the rules, though I have to say the other forums seem to have few problems with a classified section.

I thought about fleabay, but just wanted to give them away to someone starting out. We normally give stuff to Air Ambulance, but the dear old ladies that work there would be slightly befuddled with a quilt with one corner missing :lol:

Hey Thingy are you on Facebook?
You can put stuff on there free.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Afraid not, Im afraid not, Facebook is one of those Marmite things for me, love it or hate it. Twitter even worse. Im not a Luddite, but beyond mobiles and email, I simply dont see the point. ;)

Im all for new fangled ideas, I think the wheel is a superb invention.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts