Buyers guide caravans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
fer christs sake will people stop buying caravans your taking up pitches on sites when I would like to go away!

Seriously though, is it just me who is just cheesed off with the CC and the online booking system?

The whole of the summer just seems to be booked up in cornwall and devon and I reckon members are booking pitches on a number of sites with no deposit and then choosing which one they want to stop on later and then leaving empty pitches at peak times.

The Chirk site was supposedly fully booked last bank holiday but guess what a number of people didn't turn up and the site was no where near full!

I think the CC ought to hurry up and bring in a web system where desposits are taken via a bank/credit card and stop all this................ whatever happened to pitches being kept free by the CC for people who want the freedom of touring? I know i would like to be free to travel from one CC site to another at peak times

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
captain kangaroo ,how do you find time to go away in your caravan ?as you seem to spend most of the time ranting on about 4x4s also you will find that it is not possible to book more than one site per day .ie unable to double book ect with cc

(please take comments lighthearted) crusader

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Crusader, I will go easy on you. don't worry!

Try this .....book a cc on the web and then telephone another cc site and book that. Two sites booked at the same time ........ voila!

Or just book one cc site via the web and never turn up!

I must admit I am finding it difficult to find the time to get away what with the job in the big top but look out for me in cornwall this year, I have a huge awning with red and white stripes and lots of flags

May 4, 2005
Visit site
If someone books online but cancels directly to the site is there a delay in updating the computer?...or are the wardens taking bookings knowing that they can almost guarentee to have a number of no shows?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Booking on line on cc sites,never had any problem, its so easy to book and cancel, which ever you do you receive a email by return to confirm either your booking or cancellation,

CC is aware that members are abusing the system by booking more than one site using the same dates, silly really they stand to lose their membership.

Site wardens have the authority to have a certain number of sites as a stand bye for people who intend to stay for a longer period of time not just weekenders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts