BUYING ONLINE

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

after using the Remoska cooker for several years I saw a cheaper model on Idealworld on-line shop. Eager to try another I ordered one and waited delivery,and waited, at last I received my parcel, unfortunately it was a different item a vacuum sealer, I contacted their returns and was told to repack the item and await collection any time between 7am and 7pm on a given day. This did not happen so I again contacted them asking them to at least send my cooker but no I have to wait until they recieve the vacuum sealer back.No date or time given.Time spent waiting in the house plus calls to them at premium rate phone lines to a call centre in India does not endear me to the company to say the least, so beware Ideal World on-line.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
If they have sent the wrong item out to you they cannot insist on its return before sending out the item that you paid for.... Have a look at the office of fair trading, search DSR.

This tells you everthing about what regulations companies should follow.... If you find the bit that applies to you, email it to them with your request...

Apr 12, 2006
Visit site
If they have sent the wrong item out to you they cannot insist on its return before sending out the item that you paid for.... Have a look at the office of fair trading, search DSR.

This tells you everthing about what regulations companies should follow.... If you find the bit that applies to you, email it to them with your request...
We got one from Pressplay via the internet and when it arrived it didn't work properly - emailed them and they sent another straight out - didn't want the other back! There are some in Aldi or Netto at the moment for about

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
We got one from Pressplay via the internet and when it arrived it didn't work properly - emailed them and they sent another straight out - didn't want the other back! There are some in Aldi or Netto at the moment for about

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Hopefully you paid by credit card, they have some responsibility in getting your money back if the sale goes wrong. If you paid by debit card straight out of your bank account then its much more difficult to get the bank to take an interest.

You should never ever make an on line purchase with a debit card as if the info gets into the wrong hands they can clear out your bank account.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Ideal World used to be great but I've found their service has gone downhill this past year or two. On three seperate occassions I've ordered and been charged for items which have not appeared. Fortunately on 2 occassions they have refunded my money quickly but the last time I used them I had to wait three months and that was only after the intervention of Consumer Direct.

TRENDING THREADS