C&CC Inverawe Gardens

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

being green this year we are thinking of going to the north of Scotland and damn the diesel costs! I rather fancy the C&CC Inverawe site but would like some advice on the best approach. The C&CC recommend approaching via the A382 from the north and via the 1:8 hill at Gruinard. The alternative southern route on the A382 is single track with passing places. Are the passing places big enough for a caravan outfit? Or what is Gruinard Hill like is it straight or are there sharp bends?

Any local knowledege would be welcome

Thanks

Other Clive

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Clive

I've asked he who does the towing and he says that the Club advice is correct. The problem with passing places is that it's not so easy to reverse a long way with a caravan and you will always meet someone who won't reverse under any circumstances.

We've been to Inverewe and he doesn't recall any problem with the gradient or sharp bends.

The site is lovely, just across the road from the water and only a short drive from the beautiful Inverewe Gardens. The gardens belong to the National Trust for Scotland but National Trust members have free entry too.

When we were there a couple of years ago it rained the day we arrived and the midgies were fearsome the next day. But the scenery is awesome!

April

Nov 5, 2005
Visit site
Other Clive go up the A835 to just after Garve take the A832 to Achnasheen stay on it all the wayit is nearly all new road lot better than the other way

William

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Other Clive go up the A835 to just after Garve take the A832 to Achnasheen stay on it all the wayit is nearly all new road lot better than the other way

William
Thanks for the info, but the C&CC show that route as only for light vehicles with single track near to Gairloch. Is it a single track with good forward visibilty and PPs that an outfit can tuck into?

Cheers

Other Clive

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Other Clive,

The advice given by Earlybird is good. There is now only a few miles of single track between Kinlochewe and Gairloch and it is not a problem. The hill at Gruinard is not really a problem but the road in places is up & down like a yo-yo. Inverewe site can be lovely if you get the weather. When we were last there 3years ago the site manager sited us and pulled us off with the tractor as the ground was so soft, in fact it was so bad he was turning away any outfits that were not booked. Hopefully the C&CC have spent some money on the site by now as it has the potential to rival the CC site at Bunree if properly managed and supported. Have a good time if you go for it is a beautiful area and hope you hear the cuckoo.

William

Nov 5, 2005
Visit site
other Clive last time I was up i went the c&cc route Got to site the warden told me the other route was better came back other way no problem new road most of the way only 3 miles not so good but the best way

William

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

thansk for the advice it is useful to recive feedback from vanners who have actually visted the area. Hopefully the weather in september wil be fine, but if not perhaps the Sorento might earn its keep!

Cheers

Other Clive

Nov 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

thansk for the advice it is useful to recive feedback from vanners who have actually visted the area. Hopefully the weather in september wil be fine, but if not perhaps the Sorento might earn its keep!

Cheers

Other Clive
Other clive I tow a Louisiana with a Sorento as well no problem for it

William

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts