C.Club v C.C.Club

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Been a member of the Caravan Club for a good number of years.Joined the Camping and Caravanning Club last week and spent the weekend at the

Luss site on Loch Lomond.The site is open till end Oct.

This could explain why our pitch was at the very far end of the site and the toilets and chemical disposal both at the other end of the site.The toilets were very clean but not heated.We had to pass a closed toilet block to get to the one that was open.

This was not mentioned when we booked direct with the site.Our pitch was hard standing and you parked the car at front to form a "T" shape.This meant you were up to the axles in mud.My experience with hardstandings with the Caravan club are exactly that..both for car and caravan.I noticed that some of the hardstandings near the entrance looked fairly new but still not wide enough for car and van.Surely the fact that a grass pitch is not offered at this time of the year gives some idea as to the ground conditions.

Had to help pull one couple out of the mud.Definetely a site for when the ground is hard,in Scotland ..yea!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Family are new to caravaning (2 yr's)and joined the caravan club where we found v.clean sites with excellent facilities and wardens, We also joined the c.c.c this year so we could use their sites, But what a difference never any pitches, if not a 'regular' you get a pitch in the corner and at one site as you call the phone answer is 'no room' before you utter a word (nr a big waterpark 'hint') could it be we have just been unlucky?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The only really annoying thing about CCC sites is on a Sunday they chase you off at 12pm on the dot even if the park is nearly empty whereas the CC are not too bothered. As we caravan nearly every weekend leaving a site early is annoying as you arrive home in the middle if the afternoon. A sort of wasted day. I dislike paying an additional pitch fee just to stay a few extra hours. As a result we mainly use either CC sites or CLs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts