C Durham-G yarmouth.Overnight stop off

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I need somewhere to stop off overnight for when we go on our summer hols in 3 weeks time.Going down A1 then A17 onto Kings Lynn.Any suggestions idealy would like to go about 200 miles.

Thanks in advance

Steven

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Steven,

Have done Teesside to Norwich a few times - found the A17 to be a bit of a pain and prefer A1 then A47 which goes all the way to Gt. Yarmouth. Teesside to Norwich is 240 miles - Norwich Yarmouth 20 - plus whatever this end. Whichever route you pick once you are off the A1 and get behind agricultural traffic it can be slow. Sorry can't help with stopovers though - have always had bags of time to do it. . . . .being retired.

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Colin, Orchards Caravan Park at Cromwell on the A1 would be an ideal spot, it's off the northbound carraigeway so you would drive past going south and cross at the nearby bridge, obviously the same the following morning in reverse. There is a really good pub in the next village, Norwell. I think it's called The Plough. This is a Caravan Club site but i think it is open to non-members.

Feb 26, 2006
Visit site
hi steven if you go down a1 to the a47 you come off a1 and turn to peterbrough about 100 yards on right you will see a sign for a picknick area pull in there you can park up for night free we stayed there last year and had no problems a few people park up ther for the night

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts