Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I have a cadac bbq, and the wind keeps blowing it out, I know you can put a bottle over the sharft to stop this but i think it looks a bit naff, when it cost me a £170.When i was away last I saw someone with one that had gauze around the holes as standard, does anybody know if you can get this as an add on. does cadac have its own website as i cannot find it .

Cheers for all your replys in advance.

Moth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We're onto our 2nd cadac. The first was excellent the 2nd not so good, as the heat is concentrated in the centre. I contacted rekri, who are the UK distibutor for Cadac,on 01614771130. Their web site is www.rekri8.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Chris

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I've also got a cadac which I recently bought, I had trouble with it because the piezo ignition wasn't working which was a real nuisance because when the wind was blowing it out the damn thing was too hot to lift to light with a lighter, the retailer gave me another one which now works, but I too have the same problem with the wind blowing it out so if anyone can suggest how to stop this I too will be grateful

Sian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use the cardboard insides of a kitchen roll, cut donw to size. Slip this over the silver stem over the inlet holes, and it reduces the blow out. THere is still enough air circulating to let it work OK. Doesn't totally stop the blow outs, but needs more wind to do so!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
we just put some wind breaks up where we are using the cadac, it works a treat even on hard standings, as long as you can get awning pegs in you can get windbreaks in. since getting the cadac three years ago we have never cooked in the van unless its been in the oven so no more grease and smells to contend with. one of the best bits of kit we have bought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts