cadac bbq

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
just been reading the below topic on the cadac, am i the only one who seems to have trouble with it. when cooking a bbq i find my self
having to turn the gas off and remove food and let the flames die down 2 or 3 times during cooking. ive got the heat sheild on and gas turned down as low as it will go. as for the cleaning :-( i brought the carrichef which came with every thing but i think id rather sell and sick to traditional charcoal.

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh no, I have just purchased one of these. I will hopefully be using it for the first time next weekend on our outing to Longleat, so will let you know how we get on. We have never had a gas bbq before so should be interesting and it cost enough so it better be good!!! I think it is the Cadac Carri Chef Deluxe also !!! What bits have you used on it and which bit is difficult to clean. I have heard about the cleaning problems before!

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Ours can be a ****** to clean but we've only ever had trouble with flames and the grease catching fire once and that was due to a very fatty couple of burgers that we were cooking, other than that we love ours and never go away without it

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just bought mine 4 weeks ago, tried to have barbacu at Penrhos bank holiday weekend, no chance flame kept blowing out due to high winds, bought 7 metre length of hose to get it so its on the leigh side of the van, will try again at Sandringham week this coming Friday hope it works this time if not bought a pig in a poke.
Nigel H

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi, unless I am remembering incorrectly with a cadac and I think with all gas bbq's it is recommended that a hose from the BBQ to the gas supply is no more than 2 mtrs due to the loss in pressure caused by having too long a hose, using a 7 mtr length of hose I think is asking for problems, I have a friend who did a similar thing tho even his hose was not that long, the loss in pressure meant that the flame rather than coming out with a force was just licking around the burner, this ended up after using the BBQ for about an hour in causing the burner to simply melt, I also vaguely recall being told once that there is some regulation on the length of hose that dealers are prepared to sell. Beehpee

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Beehpee said:
Hi, unless I am remembering incorrectly with a cadac and I think with all gas bbq's it is recommended that a hose from the BBQ to the gas supply is no more than 2 mtrs due to the loss in pressure caused by having too long a hose, using a 7 mtr length of hose I think is asking for problems, I have a friend who did a similar thing tho even his hose was not that long, the loss in pressure meant that the flame rather than coming out with a force was just licking around the burner, this ended up after using the BBQ for about an hour in causing the burner to simply melt, I also vaguely recall being told once that there is some regulation on the length of hose that dealers are prepared to sell. Beehpee
Our hose is about 3 - 4 metres long and no drop in pressure as it works fine when we want to use it. Hassle cleaning it in the caavan unless you want to listen to all the gossip at the communal cleaninga area.
smiley-laughing.gif

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi All
Had mine now for ages and love it. Got to be one of the best ways to cook a large number of breakfasts at once, no waiting around in our awning.
img1188h.jpg

Chicken, Sauages, Mushrooms Peppers and of coarse a Self Basting Belly - PERFECT....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
TINHUTONWHEELS said:
Hi All
Had mine now for ages and love it. Got to be one of the best ways to cook a large number of breakfasts at once, no waiting around in our awning.
img1188h.jpg

Chicken, Sauages, Mushrooms Peppers and of coarse a Self Basting Belly - PERFECT....

Belly - PE"Chicken, Sauages, Mushrooms Peppers and of coarse a Self Basting RFECT...."
For Breakfast........................................................................wow
smiley-cool.gif

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
changed the hose from bottle to regulator today as we are going away and it was 4 years old , cut the brass ends off for tat and the hole is only about 6mm diameter so the hose diameter is no worse than the 8mm piping on the van.I can't see that 7 meters is going to lower the gas pressure much.I have some tables somewhere if the professor isn,t about.

I have 3 cadac appliances and there is no test point on any of them so its a little tricky to prove but as long as hose isn't a trip hazard I can't see any harm.

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Well used mine for the first time this weekend and it went well. Just need to get used to all the different bits and pieces. Having a bit of a bbq celebration next weekend so will know exactly what it is like ot cook on and clean after that!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts