Feb 6, 2006
Visit site
I have recently purchased a CADAC BBQ which I intend to use both when caravannning and at home. This requires two separate hoses, one fitted with a regulator one end and the Cadac valve fitting the other (when at home), and another with the special connector for fitting to the van's external gas point one end (no problem, as I have this fitting) and the the Cadac valve fitting the other. To avoid frequent removal of the Cadac valve fitting from the hoses I need a second Cadac valve fitting, which no retailers seem to have. Any ideas?

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Grant,

You could consider making up a quick change end adaptor from a section of metal tubing (about 25 mm long and probably 8mm OD if you are using normal gas tubing), some short lengths of rubber tubing and some jubilee clips.

Terminate the long length of rubber tubing (about 2 m) from the Cadac with the 25mm metal tube, then make up two short lengths (about 0.5 m) - one terminated with the snap in connector for the gas point - and the other with a 30 mBar regulator.

Then just fit the appropriate short rubber hose as needed, and loosely clamp rubber hose with the jubilee clip - by loosely I mean don't crimp the rubber tube on so it doesn't come off again.

We use "snap connectors" at work to attached vacuum and gas lines to various instruments, and I'd recommend these - except for the costs. You can buy unions to join gas lines, but these still need to be joined to the rubber hose - and you just end up with more joints (and more potential leaks).

Robert

May 5, 2005
Visit site
did the same,spoke to riverway where I bought mine from and they posted me a spare connector next day,they are a lefthand thread.Also BES mail ordre do bayonet plug and sockets deisigned for LPG only,part no 8847 BOdy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts