CADAC Dilemma!

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi - I'm keen to buy a Cadac with a Paella dish to aid cooking stews etc for family but which Cadac should I buy - they all seem to be much of a muchness so would really like your help. Have you got one / are they any good? Any good recipe sites out there?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have the Carri Chef Deluxe which comes with lots of surfaces, but not the Paella pan. ( I might be wrong but I think this is an optional extra on all of them) I wish we could claim a good design reason for choosing this model but in truth it was on special offer at the time and as cheap as the next model down! It does come with a skottle which is a shallower version of the Paella pan. We love it and use it lots. It is a pain if it is windy though.

mel

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Have had Cadac Carri Chef Deluxe for a year - without Paella Dish - Overall great bit of kit. On the downside I find it really difficult to clean ( however others on the forum find it ok)

Andy

May 8, 2009
Visit site
The only bit I struggle with cleaning is the deflector, especially all the "burnt on carbon". However I bit the bullet and tried cleaning it with a wire brush in my grinder - a bit extreme you may think. Well I can tell you, I was really surprised that it has come up like new with no damage to the coating. In future when I am away I will bring the deflector home in a carrier bag to keep the cadac bag clean and repeat the above. - Try it you wont be dissappointed.....

Chris.

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
The only bit I struggle with cleaning is the deflector, especially all the "burnt on carbon". However I bit the bullet and tried cleaning it with a wire brush in my grinder - a bit extreme you may think. Well I can tell you, I was really surprised that it has come up like new with no damage to the coating. In future when I am away I will bring the deflector home in a carrier bag to keep the cadac bag clean and repeat the above. - Try it you wont be dissappointed.....

Chris.
OK - I think I'll order one - any tips were to buy from? ANy recipes?

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
I would not bother. Brought a Cadac carri chef and have had numerous issues with fod sticking to it and issues cleaning it. Have written several e mails to cadac and have not had a single reply. Product very very poor and over priced, customer service, what customer service...............enought said

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
I would not bother. Brought a Cadac carri chef and have had numerous issues with fod sticking to it and issues cleaning it. Have written several e mails to cadac and have not had a single reply. Product very very poor and over priced, customer service, what customer service...............enought said
I see a few have concerns on the teflon coating and cleaning issues which is a bit of a let down for a gas bbq when convenience and easy maintenance are driving factors for purchase. What alternatives are there on the gas bbq front? Did you just scrap the idea or did you stick with good old charcoal?

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
We noticed a number of Dutch are this year using what I can only describe as a sheet of Silicone or other type of "rubber" to actually cook on. It was simply laid on the top with the food cooking on top of it. We thought that might be to aid cleaning.

We only have the wee Cadac Safari and thankfully the cooking plate of that can be left over night in a bucket of water and so is easily cleaned.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We have the CCCD and find it average. It's the cleaning of the deflector that ruins it for us.

JTQ

The Cornish market near St Austell are selling Silicone cake tins. Apparently they can sustain long duration at high temperature.

If such a thing is now available for the CCCD I'll have one.

Cheers

Dustydog

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I just use a oven tray in my 'O' grill....

O grill 1

O grill 2

O grill 3

O grill 4

And just wash it as normal, the cast iron gridd i clean with spray on bbq cleaner....

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
WHen Ive finished cooking and its cooled I spray it with fairy cleaner and put a wet towel over it to stop it evaporating and rinse it in the morning very easy.Didnt work it out myself it was on another forum.Lidl also sell silicon sheets for about a

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi

We have the Cadac Carri Chef with the Paella pan and bought ours from Homestead Caravans in Essex.

It is a great bit of kit and much better than just the skottle (a shallow tapered dish). Breakfasts are simple, eggs, bacon sausages, etc. You can cook risottos, Paella, stir-frys, fish, meat - in fact I don't think there is anything that you cannot cook. It is easy to clean - just add water and washing up liquid to the pan and boil for a couple of minutes and clean with a small washing up brush and empty content to the drain.

Only problem we have is that the plastic handles that cover the steel handles of the pan become brittle and break - I now see that Cadac are doing the Paella pan without the plastic covered handles.

We wouldn't be without ours now.

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts