Cadac hose

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
The instruction book says the hose should be 'no less than 800mm and should not exceed 1.5m'. To get it safely outside the awning from the exterior gas point we need at least 2.5m. Cadac say that a hose exceeding 1.5m would impair the gas pressure. Any comments or views please from fellow Cadac users?

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I can not see how it could effect the gas pressure much, if at all.

There seems to be general advice with the BBQ point that it should not be too long (I think 2m) because of trip hazards etc.

1.5m would only give you a couple of feet clearance from the van without hanging above the ground.

I believe it is just an a**e covering clause.

Ours is appx 2.5m and gives us no problem with porch or full awning, although I would actually like it a bit longer - 3m (10ft) seems plenty.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the reason for the max recommended length being 1.5 metres is on safety grounds. Remembering that this is a portable gas appliance, the danger of somebody tripping over the pipe and causing a fire must be a risk

What do you think?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Swindon Caravans sold me 3m of the orange BS 3212/2 hose. They said the "gas industry" would not allow longer lengths. The 3m works fine for us. My BBQ gas point is on the opposite side of the caravan from the awning.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
I have a 6 mtr hose on my Cadac, it causes me no problems whatsoever, it also alows me to get the hose through the awning and have the bbq out of harms way, trip hazard minimal as hose follows front side of awning.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
3m and no probs here too Annie.

If you're still concerned why not buy a second pressure regulator and you can have a short hose to your van spare wherever you want on site.

We regularly BBQ as a small group and the boys can then sit and enjoy a beer or two together which is particularly nice if you aren't on adjacent pitches.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts