Cae Du, Tywyn

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've just booked 9 days at this site after reading Brians book on Campsites with sea views. He lists it in his top 10 in the U.K. I did a search and it has excellent reviews on other web sites. One review said how friendly the owners were and just from speaking to him on the phone seems to confirm it. When I asked if he had any pitches available he said yes. I asked him if he wanted a deposit and he said no, just turn up and pay when you arrive. The site seems idyllic with pitches close to the beach. Apparently some Swiss booked a night there and stayed for a month.

I didn't realise that my time guarding Offa's **** would have such an affect on me, he asked me what part of South Wales I was from. When I told him I wasn't he said I had the accent.

No comments from colin(bridgend) thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B. the only comment I will make will include the hand of friendship and welcome you to the Principality, whether it be for a night or longer. I just hope you and your good lady enjoy the holiday and that you have fine weather for it - that is the only thing we cannot promise in Wales is fine weather.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We find 'Great Sea View Camping and Caravan Sites in Britain' by Brian Leahy a very useful and informative little book. We have already earmarked the site as one to visit. Not many sites where you can roll out of bed and into the sea eh!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We find 'Great Sea View Camping and Caravan Sites in Britain' by Brian Leahy a very useful and informative little book. We have already earmarked the site as one to visit. Not many sites where you can roll out of bed and into the sea eh!
That's true, I can't wait to go but the only problem is we aren't going until September and I don't want to wish the summer away :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Strange thing about the accent. I've lived in North Herefordshire for 6 years now, had 20 years on Clee Hill in south Shropshire before that and was born in Worcestershire, all homes within the same 20 mile radius.

If I goes to Wales they thinks Im frum Devon or Cornwall and the southerners thinks I sounds Welsh...

When Im at work I 'as to talk proper English or they dusn't understond me at all...... thank gawd for email !!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well I'm originally from an ex mining village in Nottinghamshire but have now lived in Hereford for 45 years although my family still live there. I recall going to a pub with my father and brother and the landlady wouldn't believe I was his son. She said I had a sing song voice .. hehheh!

The pub I'm referring to for those going to the meet at Sherwood is the Dog and Duck at Old Clipstone, or Kings Clipstone now they've decided to go upmarket and change the village name.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts