Calais to Jesolo

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Well the time for our annual pilgramage to to sun is nearing and I'm looking at posible routes.

Google Maps and Tom Tom give different suggestions so I'm asking for advise from anyone who has done the journey.

Routes looked at so far are either France into Italy via Mont Blanc or via Germany, Switzerland.

The outward journey needs to be fairly fast (2 - 2 & 1/2) days but we have allowed 3-4 days for the return.

Suggestions please (and thank you)

Brum

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't advise you from direct knowledge, but try www.viamichelin.com where you can try different routes easily - most direct, fastest etc. and also put in your preference for type of roads e.g. toll or not toll. You can also put in fuel costs and mpg if you want to upset yourself knowing how much it will cost ! Routes print out shows signs as they are, speed cameras and major roadworks - so it's a good idea to check again just before you leave.

An alternative is www.mappy.fr which does much the same thing - you can choose English versions of each site on the opening pages.

Enjoy the trip !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there Brum

The most direct route is via Switzerland (best entered on German motorway at Basle) then through Gothard tunnel and down onto Italian motorway. I prefer to use Germany and possibly over the Brenner. The Brenner can be very busy at weekends and as an alternative and no longer timewise is to continue and pass Munich on motorway ringroad and head for Salzburg. Then turn south and through Katschberg tunnel (only short). Then at Villachcross into Italy and come to Jessolo from the east. This is a much quieter route and possible no longer in time.

Happy travels

BarryB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts