Calias to Orleans

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin,

Calais to Rouen and then turn off for Evreus - Dreux - Chartres and then Orleans.

Use a michelin map of the area or plan the route with Auto Route or similar software if you want to avoid Paris, (and I don't blame you either!! - never again for me).

G

Dave beat me to it, I use the same route heading to and from home a lot of the time. On the route to Narbonne thread Scotch Lad uses the same route as well.

Calais to Rouen is a very easy run with some good autoroute services with good parking for Caravans and the artwork on the bridges south of Calais will keep the kids amused after the ferry and to get them settled if you have them.

The A roads between Rouen and Orlean are fine and mainly DC we and family have never had a problem going either way.

Satnav should take you same as via Michelin route set Calais to Rouen and then the same set for Orleans (Evreux, Dreux, Chartres)

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hey Big Al,

Flying would be great only I have only seen the place to hitch the van on a plane is by the front jockey wheel !!! So towing the van backwards would take a long time to get to France ???

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys at least most of you, great help. Will print this off ready for next June

sad init getting exited about our holiday 6 months before going.

By the way got a ferry booked yesterday dover calias for 2 + caravan + dog return for

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hey Big Al,

Flying would be great only I have only seen the place to hitch the van on a plane is by the front jockey wheel !!! So towing the van backwards would take a long time to get to France ???
bad enough in the wind towing let alone tubulance he he!!!

Kevin H

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts