Californie-plage , Vias

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone stopped here in the last couple of years and what are your views on it.they have a very good deal on for June , stop 10 nights , pay for 7 nights and at 22 euros a night is very cheap for down there , whats the catch ???

We are looking for a standby site on the med if the weather is pants in the Dordogne.

regards.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jon, We spent 10 nights there last August. I don't think there is any catch, it is just that in June it is not busy and they are trying to fill pitches. It is very different in July and August. There are no problems with the site, it is typical of large seaside resort type sites. There are three small cove type beaches accessible from the site which is directly on the Med. The pitches are all reasonable sizes and the sanitation facilities are ok. There was no problems with site electrics when I was there. If you want to know anything specific please come back to me. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks for that Ray , definitely sounds like its worth a visit if the weathers going to be better down that way...
Jon, there's no guarantee that the weather will be better than the Dordogne. I have found though that the main problem has been winds that blow up and last for a day or so (the Mistrals?).

I prefer the Landes area between Bordeaux and the Spanish border rather than the Med. I have been several times and the weather has always been good and there are some very good sites, that compare with Calafornie Plage, around Biscarosse and other inland fresh water lakes.

I hope you have a good time wherever you go and that the weather is good. Ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts