Calor Lite Bottles

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Just visited my local Go Outdoors to replace my empty Calor Lite 6kg Bottle, they said they do not do them anymore, as Calor do not deliver them now. There was also a hint that Calor were not supplying the 'Lite' Bottles any more, have I missed something? Can anyone confirm if they are still available or have they taken them out of supply because of the problems a year or so ago.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks WC, it could be that Go Outdoors have decided not to stock the product, possibly because so many were given away free as replacement bottls. I have looked on the Calor site and will make some phone calls to the local companies shown on it. to source the replacement.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
George, there was a mention on another thread that Calor have another 40,000 bottles being delivered. I got a new one from Hertford C&CC.in Feb.
And got another one from the Calor depot in Wilstead industrial park south of Bedford.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello EH52ARH,

Wilstead is where I got my original Calor 6kg Bottle, and where I intend to now go for my replacement. As my name implies I live in Bedford, are you also in this area? I have been wondering about BedfordRL if he is also from Bedford or is that his name?
They must have ordered the 40,000 new bottles to fully replace the faulty ones, hopefully they will sove the problems of the past.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes George, I live in Woburn Sands, just along from Junction 13 on the M1. The camping shop in Woburn Abbey also stock Calor lite, but not sure if they have any full ones.
Just called Tony Wilde camping in Woburn Abbey and he has run out this week but is getting another supply next thursday. 01525 290477, he has a better supplier apparently
Hutch.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
As was mentioned, there is another thread on this.

it was myself that spoke with customer services at Calors Head Office. I think you will find that its simply a Go Outdoors decision. Calor told me that they have already had one mass delivery of new bottles and expected another same size delivery any day. As that was nearly two weeks ago, I would expect to see them hitting the market shortly. I also spoke with the local Calor Depot, and not only did they have some in stock, they offered to deliver it as I was having such a problem with caravan dealers.

It is definitely checking with some of the local builders merchants, which is actually where I got mine from in the end.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I called at my local Calor Gas Depot in Wilstead this morning and guess what, they did not have any Calor Lite 6kg bottles in stock. They are expecting some on Thursday, so an early start is required to ensure I get one, as we are of next week for a 6 week tour of Spain & France.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
George, if you are really stuck I have three full ones and another in a mates caravan, who is working in Switzerland, and have acces to his full one.
Hutch.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Hutch,
Thanks for the offer, hopefully I will be able to get one on Thursday. It is a back up as I keep two bottles on board and the other is failry full, I work on better to have too much than to run out.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Hutch,

Will do if I cannot get one. Not one for BBQ myself, I use Induction Hob with a Teppanyaki Tray to grill on, take all of 20 seconds to clean it when I have finished cooking.

Thanks for your concern and offer.

regards,
George

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I have been trying to get 3 Calor Lights replaced under the recall for the last year, constant calling to local depots and sorry we haven't go any. I complained to Calor and they found me 3 at my local depot and to ask for a certain lady.
I turned up and asked for her and asked can i exchange 3 calor lights please only to be told "oh sorry we havent got any" I then said that i had spoken to Calor it was then the manager popped his head and said yes we have them for you. The lady knew nothing about the cylinders so i can only presume that the standard response is no we haven't got any!! Seems to me that these are being held back?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats good George, have a good trip and hopefully might meet up in Loche at La Cittadel in late August,
Michael, I think you are correct I had similar response from a depot, and another place that asked if my bottle wasna recall one, when I said no, suddenly a fresh bottle appeared, Thingy, says new bottles are on there way, lets hope so, or I will be changing to Safefill.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Thats good George, have a good trip and hopefully might meet up in Loche at La Cittadel in late August,
Michael, I think you are correct I had similar response from a depot, and another place that asked if my bottle wasna recall one, when I said no, suddenly a fresh bottle appeared, Thingy, says new bottles are on there way, lets hope so, or I will be changing to Safefill.

Auto changeover valve switched over during the night from the 7kg bottle to the 10kg bottle. ...will get change out of £8 for the bottle refilling. . ;)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Sproket said:
EH52ARH said:

Auto changeover valve switched over during the night from the 7kg bottle to the 10kg bottle. ...will get change out of £8 for the bottle refilling. . ;)
It has taken me nearly 2 years to empty 3 x 6kg bottles so it would take me a few years to break even and the time/fuel involved in a round trip makes still using Calor more cost effective for me.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just checked up and the local Safefill agency has closed, so the next one would take me a round trip of 30 plus mile so say a gallon (English Imperial) about £5 .50 knocking the price up to maybe £20 , so At the moment I shall carry on using the Lite bottles, I don't look at the price of a pint and say thats cheaper, so I'll have three of those, tonight, I will drink what I prefer and sod the cost. So paying £300 at the moment to save £10 a fill wil take me a long time. Sproket, Not able to get out as often as yourself at the moment, so I shall sit back thisyear and see what happens, discus this at "The Woosie Fest"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts