Calor Lite is it worth the hassle?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
parksy, calor only charge you to exchange from the normal cylinder to calor light if you are exchanging a 3.7 kg cylinder to the new bottles. if you are exchanging a standard calor 6kg then you still get the new calorlight as a free exchange. if you go to the calor web site this is clearly explained and any dealer trying to charge you is wrong in doing so.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mine was a 7kg bottle but the young kid served us this time. I asked if another deposit had to be paid and he went off then came back with the reply

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Granny Sadie,

No, a problem with the theory of the counter balance is something I do not find hard to grasp. But of course as the weight is moved back from the axle the outfit becomes less stable, but as you venture much farther than the CC then you obviously know everything there is to know. As it happens at the site in question I got talking to a guy who had been using a caravan for 20 years who still only carried one cylinder. So I am glad I am not the only one. and as for loading I go with 75 KG on the nose with all may lose payload over the axle.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps you would be better changing to BP lite we have never had any trouble obtaining refills but always keep 2 on the van one being used one full, always replacing staight away when empty.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Ah well, Dianne is in the two bottle camp and I thought all you boy scouts went by the "be prepared" motto.

I seem to learn something new about caravanning all the time Surrey_Chris, we learnt how to acheive good safe loading and required nose weights many years ago as did our caravanning peers we've never had any stability problems and I'm sure I can achieve stability and correct nose weight on any caravan with little effort.

Take a look at the simple guide

http://www.practicalcaravan.co.uk/beginners/loading.html
There is nothing about having ALL the "lose" payload OVER the axle. Heavy weights low and 'close' to the axle is the secret for stability and correct nose weight. That does not mean loading at the rear of the caravan

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Granny Sadie,

Yes I have read it. They were the "lose" items I was speaking off. I am sorry I failed to get my point across so I quote

"Keep heavy items low

Keep heavy items, such as awnings and barbecues, on or near the floor and close to the axle. If your tourer has a fixed bed at the rear, avoid the temptation to store heavy items under it. This will make the van tail-heavy and can cause the van to become unstable, ending your holiday before it begins."

But lets leave it there shall we oh and don't call me dear please love!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts