Calorlite gas bottles

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Hello. we are thinking of changing our 2 x 3.9kg propane gas bottles for 1 6kg Calorlite. On the calor web site I see that the new bottles should include a gas guage, however we have been told by our local dealer (Cheshire)that initial supplies of these calorlite bottles were manufactured and delivered without the integral gas level gauge.

Is this the same everywhere or has anyone had/got a calorlite bottle with the gauge.

Cheers

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
hi mike,

i recently purchased a calor lite and it didnt have a gauge on it, i believe they stopped putting them on as they were useless or faulty not sure which, but when i picked it up i thought it was an empty bottle1 very light indeed ive been well impressed with it but my van has a gauge built into the gas pipe itself so im not to concerned. cheers

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
hi mike,

i recently purchased a calor lite and it didnt have a gauge on it, i believe they stopped putting them on as they were useless or faulty not sure which, but when i picked it up i thought it was an empty bottle1 very light indeed ive been well impressed with it but my van has a gauge built into the gas pipe itself so im not to concerned. cheers
ps mike

i got it from widnes caravans

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
hi mike

We have just got 2 calorlite bottles on thursday, both with the gauges - we're in Hampshire, so looks like they're still in circulation - both bottles are brand new and not refills

Cheers, brian

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
hi, we bought the new calor lite bottles back in march when they first came out,i was excited but then let down when i discoverd they had no gauge on them.calor says the first batches had to be rushed through for the launch date in march and didn't have time to fit the gauges,hope this clear up you question

happy caravaning mark

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys the first lot of calorlites didn`t have gauges but i have recently noticed the newer bottles coming into our shop are coming in with gauges fitted on so it looks like calor have caught up with the back log and the gauges will no doubt be spreading through the country as we speak

cheers from phill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts